Decustomize Sims2Packs?
#1 22-07-2011 
Ok this needs a bit of explaining. So I was recently thinking I could start building some starter homes to add to the site, plus I love building homes in the Sims 2 and I wanted to keep them base game compatible. So I have two options here; Just use the anygamestarter and build a home with just the basegame available or launch my main game and only use base game materials.

The problem arises with the way that each EP changes the way the Sims2packs are created when they are exported so I'm thinking that even if I somehow managed to use only basegame build mode materials someone with only the BG installed wouldn't be able to read the file seeing how it came from an M&G game.

The other issue I have is I want to keep the costs down and I know that the lot info tool came in one of the expansions so if I used the anygamestarter method I wouldn't have that tool at my disposal.

So I ask this, is there a way to make a Sims2Pack created with newer games compatible with just the Base Game? Undecided

#2 23-07-2011 
No that I know of. But I do know that I have installed houses that require games I dont have and they work fine (though some would be missig items from games I didnt have and stuff ). The only time I had problems was when i installed houses that were beach lots , greenhouses or garden plots . As long as ya dont use those and everyone here has up to M&G at most would be fine .

#3 23-07-2011 
well, I would probably make lots based on the most popular EPs. Like - I have an NL and AL and OFB permanent Anygame that I use more than my real game. At this stage in TS2 many people have several eps. Or you could go the double deluxe route and make BASE+NL compatible.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#4 23-07-2011 
So I'm thinking what you are saying is that there isn't a way to make packages Base Game compatible though any kind of process, I just need to build using what are the most popular EP's and hope for the best?

If so I think I can manage that lol.
[Image: sig55.jpg]

#5 24-07-2011 
well, you can use a base game AGS of course, but if you have all EPs building in base is gonna feel pretty weird ... and you will probably lose that lot info thing you originally stipulated as a "must have".

#6 24-07-2011 
The Lot Info button is a nice way to keep track of how expensive the house is gonna be. Yeah I tried to build a base game house before and it's like "why can't I find... oh right lol!" Big Grin

#7 24-07-2011 
Well Xander, You can try the any game starter. only problem is that you have to wade through thousands of comments that are like " this thing dont work in my game can u help me ?????????????? (10000 question marks) " or "help!!!11111111111 this thing broked my game {over excessive use of smilies}" in order to find helpful info on fixing said program. that and the fact that Collection packs (such as best of business , university life and Fun with pets ) do not work with AGS (and also last I heard, digitally downloaded games) and do have the tendency to break your game to where you have to reinstall (me and Nonni wound up breaking our games with the AGS)
The lot info thing IMO didnt really give me much.

#8 24-07-2011 
Alright then I'll just create using what I have and hope for the best lol.

#9 24-07-2011 
Do NOT add FreeTime to your AGS. Will break your main game.

#10 24-07-2011 
Also, if you're going to set up an AnyGame, then for the love of everything back up your neighbourhoods first! It's happened to me three times that the AGS has corrupted my neighbourhood files. Undecided The third time I had thankfully learnt to backup everything before even touching the AGS, so nothing was lost that time (before that I had only made backups of my downloads).
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

Sorry, that is a members only option