Contest/Challenge Thing
#31 04-08-2011 
Well If we don't change the structure of the building maybe everything else can be changed; windows, doors, that arch that no one likes lol. Just don't change the placement of stuff and it should still be challenging enough.
[Image: sig55.jpg]

#32 04-08-2011 
Just for the record, Xander, I love the arch in the downstairs bathroom, I would just move it around the side. Then you can fit a bath, toilet and sink in the bathroom. Snap on the kitchen Lee, that is where mine is. Tongue I thought of a way I can decorate without costing anything, technically it's not cheating because CC is allowed, however I will not clone and reprice all the Maxis items. Smile
You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.

#33 04-08-2011 
XanderGC;7919 Wrote:Well If we don't change the structure of the building maybe everything else can be changed; windows, doors, that arch that no one likes lol. Just don't change the placement of stuff and it should still be challenging enough.

Um well, I DID do that already - the upstairs doors are all justadoors. I kept the walnuts downstairs though and short of getting a CC double arch that french arch is the cheapest double arch in game anyway. Same for the windows and I like the Mauritania door.

I also removed the banisters from the middle of the staircases. No idea if that counts as cheating.

Re the arch - we all have little obsessions - its not the arch I hate - its the extra light needed that makes me sad (they got the bulb on a string) and that because of the window placement I can't put a cheap shower in there against the corner wall.

@Shell - same thing as Lev - twould be using cheaty CC. I know a lot of builders put a sim in the house for a few days to depreciate the build and then kick out the sim and do the buy stuff. Cheaters.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#34 04-08-2011 
Quote:twould be using cheaty CC. I know a lot of builders put a sim in the house for a few days to depreciate the build and then kick out the sim and do the buy stuff.

Smile See now, that is why I said "I will not clone and reprice all the Maxis items." I didn't know you could put Sims in and the price would depreciate, WOW, I learn new stuff everyday.

Now down to business, using stuff from the Base Game, University and Apartment Life, changing the windows to Lee's BreezeLess windows, using macarossi's plants and rocks, Rebecaha's smaller Breadfruit trees & bunk bed mattress, Numenor and MaryLou's coat rack and Invisible Sauna Soothe Wall Light by me (hey, I hate Maxis lights and use very little CC, so I always use invisible lights) I managed to do it for §24,682. Never had a Sim order pizza but I figure I have enough left over for one.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.

#35 04-08-2011 
Looks good - yea, of course - those breezeless are REALLY cheap windows - was a good idea to swap them all out.

I see your sims have some luxury items in there - ART - FANCY COOKER - A TREE -

And easily in budget. Nice one Smile

#36 04-08-2011 
  • Fishlike Associate
I wanna play!
Leesesters favourite make up artist

#37 04-08-2011 
Here is mine, with awesome 1§ to use!! (cost is 24999 §)

I'm sorry, I have no idea what games the content is from, some is from IKEA set, that I'm sure of. No CC used Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

#38 04-08-2011 
hey that looks great - nice colours.

HOWEVER - loss of 4 million points for not doing all the rooms Tongue

Garden looks fancy.... might want to nip over to Shell's house and get some of her extra cash for the pizza for the welcome wagon Big Grin

daluved1;7925 Wrote:I wanna play!

So install TS2!!!

Or make us a TS3 house for the TS3 players Smile

#39 04-08-2011 
Very pleased with everyone's entries thus far keep it up! I lose 4 million points as well as I didn't furnish all the rooms lol
[Image: sig55.jpg]

#40 04-08-2011 
/me is upset that he cant play the challenge
This comp trouble is p***ing me off (not to mention My uncle. Cant wait for my own lol ). And dal before you do that ....
* levini hugs Dal

Sorry, that is a members only option