Contest/Challenge Thing
#21 03-08-2011 
Aww!! Does that mean I cannot change the windows to something more post apoc?? This is gonna stink

#22 03-08-2011 
Yup - you can change the window STYLE - like put a different mesh or recolor in but not its placement.

Oh, and BTW, Guatla's broken window set is classed as seriously cheaty at 1 simoleon a window. Broken or not - still cheaty.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#23 03-08-2011 
This is really exciting I would have to say and it's bringing us all together. So some of the colours aren't coming in? I should have just used the sidewalk texture for the walkway but I was certain I used a base game wall texture for outside. I'll try to be more careful next time.

Where are we going to post the pictures? Do we just send them to Lee and then Lee makes an album in Fish Pics or...?

The second house I made is only $12,000 so is that more starter home budget friendly? Big Grin
[Image: sig55.jpg]

#24 03-08-2011 
Well, I was always gonna make a challenge area - what I CAN do right now is make a whole new thread with POST CHALLENGE PICS HERE. No chatter in that thread - just the pics.

BTW - I am in at 24940 (enough left for a pizza delivery I think) with

3 bedrooms, toybox, armoire (AL closet insert) kitchen with fridge/cooker/smokealarm/sink/counter, dining table and chairs for 4, sofa, armchairsx2, bookcase,telephone,burglar alarm, 2 bathrooms and a seriously empty front hall Tongue

No curtains (OMG poor sims) but there are blinds in the bathroom.

YEA, I sold the plants........

Materials/EPs

Built in an AGS with BASE,NL, OFb and AL.
CC used:
leefish :Castaway armchairs (NOT the cheapest)
Plasticbox: Craftmeister Pine Double bed and recolours
Xtian @ MTS: some wall paint
HP @ MTS: Plastic daisies etc

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

#25 03-08-2011 
OK, I changed my mind (again)

as in original rules post here(in a post)

#26 03-08-2011 
How did you know i was gonna use her broken windows ? Still stinks I was gonna try the front to look as though it had beed crashed through with a grungy car Sad now to improv .

#27 03-08-2011 
lev - just try and furnish the house. If you use those cheaty windows I shall disqualify you.

#28 03-08-2011 
I cant now . The computer is blown! Yesterday we had a power out due to he storm amd now the whole thing needs to be flushed. But my uncle who is tye owner doesnt want to do that (either which way we will have to the main file corrupted and we will have to repair it which will cost us the files anyway)

#29 03-08-2011 
Ok this was hard and I found it impossible to furnish every room to any kind of usable degree so I focused on the following:
  • Making sure all needs were covered.
  • Sims had a place to sleep.
  • Sims had a place to cook.
  • Sims had a place to go to the bathroom.
  • Sims could learn the 3 main skills (Cooking,Mechanics,Cleaning)

I based it as if two people were living there and didn't have kids, even though I did supply a kids bed for each room and a teddy bear for each kid, provided there were only two kids. So in the end I furnished 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 1 living area and a kitchen/dining area. All rooms have lighting and I only sold two of the 4 bushes outside.

View The Slideshow -> Photobucket Slideshow

Materials used:

• Lighting - IKEA Stuff
  • End Tables - IKEA Stuff
  • All other Furniture - Base Game
  • Girl's Teddy Bear - FreeTime
  • Wall Paint - Custom Content @ $7 each

Grand Total: $24,926. 1 Pizza can be ordered. Smile
[Image: sig55.jpg]

#30 03-08-2011 
That looks really good Xander - it will be interesting to see where each contestant thinks the kitchen is Tongue

Yea - it was hard - I used carpet everywhere and the cheapest wall paints etc. Not a single wall or floor cost more than 5 simoleons.

The only thing is I wish it was possible to put a shower or something in that downstairs bathroom.

Sorry, that is a members only option