Soon Soon!
#1 14-08-2011 
I figured that I should probably introduce myself. Not sure how active I will be, but I figured I should post here before I post anywhere else on this site.

Anyway, I figure that quite a few of you are already familiar with who I am. For those of you who aren't, I'm a graduate student. Given this is a sims-related site, you are probably wondering what my experience is with the Sims series.

I've played many, possibly most of the games, though not all of them. This includes the original Simcity, Simcity 2000, Simcity 4, and Simtower, amongst others. I also have the original TS1 (every EP!) and TS3 (so far every EP and SP as of this writing).

Of those who already know me, or for those who may not, I'm mostly a lot builder. Although lately I've been trying to branch out into other areas of modding for TS3.

Well, that's all for now!

#2 14-08-2011 
Welcome to LeeFish Smile

Its nice to have a sims3 player about - you didn't list Sims2 in the games played - did you skip over the Sims2 series?
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#3 14-08-2011 
G'Day Ben, sorry I don't know you, but looking forward to seeing your lots. Like Lee said "Welcome to Leefish".
You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.

#4 14-08-2011 
Yay Ben, welcome to Leefish. But you have *me* confused as well. Are you actually saying that you played almost all sims games, but completely avoided the best one of them all?

If so, you must love punishment, because that's what's going to happen to you! Big Grin

#5 14-08-2011 
* levini bowls through Michelle and BO to tacklehug Ben

Ben! It's you ! ( I think and hope)

#6 15-08-2011 
leefish;8136 Wrote:Welcome to LeeFish Smile

Its nice to have a sims3 player about - you didn't list Sims2 in the games played - did you skip over the Sims2 series?

Yes I did. A decision I now very much regret, if I'm to believe what others have said about TS2, and what I've missed.

The reason for it was really silly too. When the TS2 base game was new, there were no cars in it. NL wasn't out at the time, nor was the mod to have cars despite not having NL.

levini;8144 Wrote:* levini bowls through Michelle and BO to tacklehug Ben

Ben! It's you ! ( I think and hope)

Yes Lev, it's me: Ben @ #create, BenC0722 @ MTS, and Ben @ TSS.

#7 15-08-2011 
Well, thats not so daft a reason, there are people who have not bought Sims Medieval because you can't build. I mean I completely missed Sims1. Never played it at all. Reason: Had never heard of the Sims and did not play computer games.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#8 15-08-2011 
I missed Sims 1, because I thought it could never be much good (Huh) despite all the hype around it. Or maybe even BECAUSE of the hype. Sims 2 had existed for at least 4 or 5 years, before I finally got into it, because a friend of mine introduced me to it. And now I wish I had started much sooner.

For a while now, I've believed that switching to Sims 3 or Medieval would be a big mistake for me, but I think I might slowly be warming up to 3 now... Mostly because sims can have much more extreme body- and face-shapes than they have in 2. But I'm not ready to buy 3 yet... The game play seems to be much different, and that doesn't really win me over.

#9 15-08-2011 
* levini screeches Ben's name
And plus I played TS1 . But I do not miss it.
@BO: I think I know why you would want TS3 . And it isnt for the extreme bodyshapes Tongue

#10 15-08-2011 
Welcome, Ben ~ belatedly.
Glad you have introduced yourself.
That is a really nice thing to do.
I think it shows good manners and nice social skills.
*Nonni, get real. Geez!!
I hear voices and they sometimes accuse me of talking of myself in the 3rd person.
Whatever.

Sorry, that is a members only option