How Do You Play?
I made my family and played to see what kind of things were missing.
1) Hmm, I kept aging on (might be a mistake but can always change my mind) as I think its up to me as the simmer to get that kid trained up in time. So far I can't get all three skills with just normal sims and no smart milk etc.
2) STOP WASTING FOOD!!!! Why do they make food for 6 when there are only 2 sims? Do they LIKE leftovers? I installed the food mod from Neder.
3) Why are there no nice coats??? I decided that it makes NO SENSE for my sim to change all his clothes to put a coat on. I may be forced to make some clothing items. I LOVE that peacoat, but my sim is in sneakers. He can't leave the house in different shoes after being on a visit. Its SILLY. I don't take a different set of clothes to go home in when I visit a house. I DO wear a coat to get there though.
4) Grr. Stuff that does not match. Bah. Am just playing, NOT creating, so. But grr.
5) It is UNFAIR that my sim comes home from work at 2am - gets promoted- and so has to be back at work at 9. Thats barbaric. Sim got fired that day. Very sad.
I shall report back with more changes as I make them.
- Using AncientHighway's edited version of Monique's Individual Aging mod, I currently switch aging off for playable adults. Other age groups still have to settle for Maxis age durations. Most of my toddlers manage to learn all skills, even without Smart Milk, so I'm good.
- I don't consider leftovers to be wasted... My sims just put them in the fridge and eat them later. The advantage is, they don't need to cook every time they're hungry.
- Matching stuff: yeah, EAxoids are creepy that way. But creators like Michelle do a lot of good there; I already have so much stuff that now matches thanks to her!
- Clothes are hell; I don't worry too much, because there's very little we can do about it.
- Anything else that isn't to my liking, gets the s*h*i*t modded out of it!
@Lee: Your sim had to go back to work a few hours later only ONCE. I've had a sim who got home with a promotion and was called on to get back to work within the hour. Then at 2 AM they got home, got promoted again, and had to start at 9 AM the same morning! They were totally wasted, but they made the next promotion, too! The trick there is, that you shouldn't worry too much about Hunger, Bladder and Social, because those are often updated at work. With only half the motives remaining, it's not too hard
Thanks to Michelle I find that my stuff is matching more and more so that helps tremendously.
I love leftovers and the mods that improve it's use such as Moghudsons "Simply Leftovers." My rule with leftovers is that say they make food for dinner and save it, they can only eat dinner leftovers at dinner time. That way they'll cook the other two meals. Sure eventually you'll have one of each meal stored away but that just means less time cooking and more time studying lol
Glad that you are playing more Lee!
(no one is allowed to make fun here, are they?)
1) No matter what their zodiac sign ALL my simmies have to be 100% Nice and 100% Neat.
B) They have as their Primary Aspiration is Family (no choice is allowed), their Secondary Aspiration is always Knowledge.
III) I unabashedly use InSIMenator (UV) v2.9 DEST Edition.
d) Smart Milk must have!
5) NO CRITTERS at all - NONE.
VI) No ghosts, no vampires, no werewolves, no witches but I do love Plant Sims, Vulcans and Elves.
g) No sim is allowed to punch or hurl angry words at another sim plus I think it is absolutely ridiculous for a sim to lecture infants or toddlers.
8) I am building special houses with stiles to keep the toddlers and Beck's chickens from wandering out into the road.
IX) I keep Free will OFF but I am starting to take occasional trials with Free Will ON.
j) Aging is done at my discretion, in fact most of the game is under my total and absolute RULE.
You know as I think about it... The way a person plays TS2 may say a lot about their psychological profile. I wish I could be more like BoilingOil but I just can't let go of that much control.
But all your sims family/knowledge... and all with max neat and nice, that means they're all attracted to eachother. Yuck, such a lovey-dovey hood must be absolutely no fun to play!
I agree on the no Vampires, Zombies, Werewolves thing. And I also do Plantsims, Elves and Aliens. But witches are an appreciated part of my communities.
I had a hard time letting go of my iron hand, but free will is always ON nowadays... During my first year, it was OFF, though. Ob the other hand, if a sim decides to do something I don't agree with, I'm quick to cancel their crap and select my own.
Quote:I had a hard time letting go of my iron hand, but free will is always ON nowadays... During my first year, it was OFF, though. Ob the other hand, if a sim decides to do something I don't agree with, I'm quick to cancel their crap and select my own.
I hear you, and yes, everyone is always nice or Nonni will "put them to bed" forever.
BoilingOil;8195 Wrote:I need a few @$$holes around to torment and torture, because sometimes I'm just in that mood, and then I need to vent that negative energy somewhere where no living, breathing human being is going to suffer from it. Sims are the perfect targets in those cases.
Oh, yes ~ I have to confess a terrible secret: I like it when the toddlers cry to get out of the crib. I always tell them they will have to quiet down or they will get no attention.