• Pause Overlay Replacement
  • Uploader:
sims2 #1
Did you see it? Did you notice that the game was paused?

One of the things I have done since I first began playing the game is pausing it before I save and quit. It is my belief that if animations aren't running when the lot loads it will load faster. Maybe I'm crazy but I still do it until this day. With that being said, I like knowing my game is paused but at the same time the red lines just ruin pictures taken with image capture software such as Fraps.

This is my solution:
  • Minimal UI change that is noticable, yet not blaringly obvious.
  • White is as neutral a hue as any, I like to think of it as time is frozen.
  • Lose the total border, but instead focus on the corners and lose the rounded corners.
  • Two new icons are used, which are found here -> Mono Icons - Tutorial 9

For those who don't want any lines at all there is the "No Red Pause Lines", but now dear Simmers you have another option and like all great mods it's a simple find it and delete it and it's gone, no changing important files that might cause the game to crash. We all know what that is like Sad

Cloned Sims 2 Base Game UI - Tested using Mansions & Garden Stuff

As always comment/PM if you run into any issues. Feedback is always welcome Big Grin

All my stuff if free to use and to enjoy just never,ever,EVER upload it to a paysite. Why make poor unsuspecting people pay for stuff like this? You are also free to change, edit or otherwise modify stuff I upload as long as you credit me we are 5x5. :D

Also if you got it from Leefish please link back to that site so more people can discover the awesome. That is all. :D

Screenshots
Pause Overlay Replacement Screenshot Pause Overlay Replacement Screenshot Pause Overlay Replacement Screenshot Pause Overlay Replacement Screenshot Pause Overlay Replacement Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 6.22 KB | File Name XGC-Replacement Pause Overlay.rar | # of Downloads 8,363  

Comments
#2 19-08-2011
very cool Xander - I linked to the leefish hosting of the red pause lines mod Smile

#3 19-08-2011
Now THIS is a good idea! I never installed the "No Red Pause Lines" mod because I objected to the idea of having no visible indication of a paused game. Maybe this indicator is still a bit too small for my taste, but now I will at least TRY it Smile

Thanks, Xander!Cool

#4 19-08-2011
Hmm it is a tad small but I was thinking of the screenshot taking aspect, when you do try it and if it is still too small I'll make an alternate version that is a bit bigger of an icon ok?

@Lee - That is why you are the site fish! I didn't realize that mod was here lol.

Sorry, that is a members only option