Apartment Life patch
#1 03-09-2011 
I just downloaded patches for Apartment Life. Should I install both or just one?
Budie22us, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Aug 2011.

#2 03-09-2011 
aha - I have been busy with this myself. I guess you mean there is the digital download and the DVD download?

If so, then it means how did you buy your game? If you bought it as a digital download from EA then use the digital download patch. If you bought a DVD in a box then use the DVD patch.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#3 03-09-2011 
I have the game ep Apartment Life installed but all of sudden for some reason it wouldn't load. This happened after I quit the game normally, then went play later and it wouldn't load. I reinstalled it and decided I had better get the patch for it. It turns out there are two patches. I downloaded both but didn't know if I should install both of them or one. I took a chance and installed them both. So far so good!
Budie22us, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Aug 2011.

#4 03-09-2011 
Hmm, that sounds odd. Usually when something like that happens (not loading - crash to desktop) then its a piece of dodgy CC or something like that.

I don't know if you should have them both in though - but I bet BO knows.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#5 03-09-2011 
Budie22us;8623 Wrote:I downloaded both but didn't know if I should install both of them or one. I took a chance and installed them both. So far so good!

That's a BIG chance! As Leefish stated earlier, one of the patches is only for the Digital Download version of AL, the other only for the DVD version. One should ALWAYS use only ONE patch: the correct one!

Further, when a game CTDs (crashes to the desktop, fails to run, encounters a fatal error and is shut down), the FIRST thing to try is to delete the files named groups.cache and accessory.cache. The next time the game runs, it will create new versions.
If the game still refuses to start, there's something wrong that I unfortunately can't help with.
If you need to remove the .cache files EVERY time, you would indeed have some mod(s) in there that cause(s) trouble. Finding out which those mod(s) are, can be a lengthy process.

You could start by making sure that you only use the correct versions of each mod... the ones made for the latest EP that you have installed.

Sorry, that is a members only option