Do You Use Custom Careers?
#11 05-10-2011 
Levini, don't you know that the site's anti-spam leprechauns run around the site all day and whack all spam with wrenches? Wink

Going back on topic, I only have two custom careers in my game: one for Starfleet officers and one for the Klingon Defence Force. Other than that, I'm content with the Maxis careers (even if they don't always make sense, like the medical career).

But the main reason I don't use custom careers is language. I play my game in Swedish. This means that unless the career-maker has hit the "default lang only" button, my game will use the chance cards and descriptions from whichever in-game career the custom one was cloned from - and in 9.86 times out of 10, they haven't bothered to hit that button.

Sure, it's easy enough for me to fix myself - but it really ticks me off that I have to do it in the first place, because I honestly think things like that are the creator's responsibility, not the user's. And I have better things to do with my time than fixing the mistakes of sloppy creators... so I don't use custom careers.
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#12 05-10-2011 
I agree Nix; if I were to play in my native language, and found such sloppy work, I'd be annoyed too, and the creator would be to blame!

But fortunately, I made the decision a long time ago, that all my computer-related activities - including playing games - would need to be in English!

#13 05-10-2011 
BoilingOil;9112 Wrote:I've had sims who at some point wanted to quit their job, and then later started rolling job wants again. I've also had sims where *I* found it necessary for them to quit their jobs; they sometimes still pester me with those wants.

Hmm, maybe its because I tend to play knowledge, romance, pleasure or family sims. I rarely have a fortune sim as they are always wanting awful things.

"NO, you CANNOT have a pool table and bar in your house you horrible superficial sim."
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#14 05-10-2011 
I don't play Fortune Sims either... I *hate* those buggers. But I feel the same way about Pleasure sims.

Romance, Family and Knowledge are my preferred sim types as well. Yet some of them...

#15 05-10-2011 
I'm mostly innocence and apple pie so it's mostly family with secondary popularity or fortune

If I'm in the "bad" area of town they are usually not fam sims

#16 06-10-2011 
Hmm I guess that is a good reason to not even think about modifying the careers or using the custom ones because you are all right; we don't see them at work anyways lol.

I like the different aspirations because it adds a bit of flavor to the neighborhood and thanks to some mods it isn't all candy and sugarcanes in Sim Springs anymore. Plus I roll a dice for everyone's aspirations so it's even less out of my control lol.
[Image: sig55.jpg]

#17 10-10-2011 
Yeah, I like different aspirations too, but the wants for fortune, pleasure and popularity are soooo YUCK!

Fortune sims should emphasize a little more on making money, and a little less on spending it.

Those stupid 250 & 500 point wants for pleasure drive me insane.

Popularity sims all want to make friends all the time without exceptions. And that in itself isn't too bad, but fulfilling the BFF wants takes time and can hardly be speeded up: once the STR is at 100, you will just have to WAIT until the LTR catches up.

Sorry, that is a members only option