Do You Use Custom Careers?
#1 04-10-2011 
Out of all the various types of custom content that is out there the one I have never even considered using was the custom careers that many people have made. I don't even know why, but I guess the Maxis made ones kept me content.

So I ask the community: Do you use custom careers and if so any you can recommend? Link me to as well would be great! Big Grin
[Image: sig55.jpg]

#2 04-10-2011 
Hmm, I also never use Custom Careers. I have thought of making one (it is not hard to do a basic one) but I think my sim has the career he asks for in his LTW and then thats it. Because we can't follow our sims to work or influence them in anyway then I think careers are just not seen as significant.

I do know that the superfly careers on MTS are apparently very good, and Phaenoh did a great fairytale career.

Phaenoh - Fairytale 9 to 5 >> http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=260216
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#3 04-10-2011 
You know I run a medieval hood so if I don't have them farm, fish or raise babies, I don't really have any career to give them so I almost always chose "happily unemployed' by jphill11.

#4 04-10-2011 
I did tried one once but decide it was just as easy to use the Maxis careers, ditto to what Lee said. "Because we can't follow our sims to work or influence them in anyway then I think careers are just not seen as significant." Just something else to take up space in the download folder.
You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.

#5 05-10-2011 
That is an excellent link from Nonni though - I never thought of that. want slots filled by wanting a job is something I only see at the beginning though.

#6 05-10-2011 
and it is only 196KB!

Off topic:
I want Lee to change my title from 'Gin Guzzler', anyone got any good ideas, let me know visa my profile "'guestbook entry' thingy, please.
You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.

#7 05-10-2011 
I dont really play much nor do I know how the heck to use custom careers so technically I dont use careers. I do like lientebollemeis's careers a bit though . As soon as I can get my game back (please comp repair dude repair faster) I may try his/hers/its careers out

Off topic: Someone pretty much changes my title eerytime I change my avi . Apperently I do not have any hamster left in me

#8 05-10-2011 
* leefish wonders who that can be...... are there any oily thumb marks on your title?

#9 05-10-2011 
* levini checks for oily marks and instead finds a bloody wrench
Uhh Lee is this bloody wrench supposed to be there ? And if so is it the spam protection system we have?

#10 05-10-2011 
leefish;9103 Wrote:That is an excellent link from Nonni though - I never thought of that. want slots filled by wanting a job is something I only see at the beginning though.

I've had sims who at some point wanted to quit their job, and then later started rolling job wants again. I've also had sims where *I* found it necessary for them to quit their jobs; they sometimes still pester me with those wants.

Michelle;9105 Wrote:and it is only 196KB!

Is that all? You make it sound like that's nothing! But that's only the ZIP file...
The extracted .package files are over 500KB each, and there's two for each career! For a career that's made up of only a special title and icon in the Sim's Job panel, and that requires no chance cards, payments, cars or work clothing, I think over 1 MB is a WAAAY too much!

Edited to add: after looking into it, I was able to reduce all the .package files to less than 20KB each. Now THAT's more like it!

Sorry, that is a members only option