Dog Training
#1 18-10-2011 
Maybe I asked for this already. Can you create a mod to make a dog go outside to relieve themselves? (or potty train me) Trying to take them for a walk in time is so difficult especially if you have children in the house too. Undecided
Budie22us, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Aug 2011.

#2 18-10-2011 
Actually, if I'm not mistaken, that already exists in-game. When the dog relieves itself in-doors, you have one of your sims scold him. When they do it outside, you have your sims praise him. After some of this, your dog should get the idea and go outside by themselves.

If it doesn't work that way, I'll have a look at it.

#3 18-10-2011 
BoilingOil;9266 Wrote:Actually, if I'm not mistaken, that already exists in-game. When the dog relieves itself in-doors, you have one of your sims scold him. When they do it outside, you have your sims praise him. After some of this, your dog should get the idea and go outside by themselves.

If it doesn't work that way, I'll have a look at it.

You are right BO it does already exist in the game. Once you either praise or scold a dog enough the bar above their head will fill up completely and that means that the dog has been trained, even better you can now command the dog to "Go Pee" and the dog will go and do it.

The dog's intelligence level will affect how fast they learn as well.
[Image: sig55.jpg]

#4 18-10-2011 
Thanks. Yes that works; but if everyone is gone or not available it is too late to catch the dog is the act.
I missed the other reply here. I haven't found where you could tell the dog to "go pee" , I will have to check that. I have only EP through Seasons installed.

#5 18-10-2011 
Once you have praised the dog enough to do his business outside you can command him by picking "Command.." It works the same as teaching the dog tricks.

Yes you'll have to catch the dog in the act to actually do the praising. You can hire an Animal Trainer through the phone but I don't know if they can teach things like house training.
[Image: sig55.jpg]

#6 29-10-2011 
I will try that. I don't think they teach that either. I emailed Dave Luv who created the "toddler Picture" for walking taking and potty training. He said he doesn't play Sims any more but it should not be too hard to do. Maybe I will find someone that can do it. Thanks.

Sorry, that is a members only option