• Traditional Piano
  • Uploader:
sims3 #1
Don't have room for a concert piano? Dislike those electric ones? Here is a nice traditional piano for you!

[Image: Piano.jpg]

I was making a western saloon, when I realized that I don't have a right style piano to put there. So I asked some people if they had seen anyone make an upright piano, that would also be playable. Jaguwar found me a few, but they had flaws I did not like, so I decided to make one myself - it's not that hard after all Wink

Or is it? After lee extracted me the TS2 meshes, I looked at the files and thought: "OMG, why did I wanna do this?!" But I'm a stubborn finn, so I stripped off all the parts I did not need/wanna use and then regrouped the whole thing for mapping. TS2 mapping does not really work for TS3 >.<

After some time and cursing I had myself a nice uvmap, which I then just fiddled with a little to make things nice. The harder part really was to fix all the little extra bits Blender added to the multiplier. A little too much black here, little too much gray there, etc. And making the mask...

But I made it, and am very happy with the results. Then I decided i wanted the piano to sit nicely against the wall (the electric piano doesn't). Moving the butt-slot was not as easy as I would have imagined! Morph gave me advices, but i just could not make TSRW, S3PE and Atavera's Rig editor work together and do what I want, so Morph was a nice guy and fixed the butt-slot for me Smile

I thought I was done, but no. Lee and HP made me make deco slots. I objected a little after the butt-slot fiasco, but gave in and added 3 decorative slots. Then I only needed someone to test for me, and that was my lovely friend Kayla.

Of course it was not as straight forward, but I don't feel that it's necessary for me to tell you about every single fix/test Wink

The result of this work is a very nice traditional piano, that I hope many of you will enjoy! Smile
I realized I have not uploaded here in a long time, and I'm sorry for it. So I hope that this TS2 conversion/edit makes you a little happier with me Smile

I had to reupload the file - I fixed the slots. So please redownload if you got this before seeing this line!

Screenshots
Traditional Piano Screenshot Traditional Piano Screenshot Traditional Piano Screenshot Traditional Piano Screenshot Traditional Piano Screenshot Traditional Piano Screenshot    
Download link
Filesize 232.42 KB | File Name armiel_Traditional Piano.rar | # of Downloads 942
File Updated 04-11-2011

Comments
#5 12-11-2011
Look at what you have done!! Great job.Heart

Sorry, that is a members only option