RSS feed for games
#1 13-11-2011 
Is it possible to create an rss feed for the latest games in the game section?

I need it because I have a toolbar and would like to update the latest games list with the list of new games.Hope that you can make a plugin for creating rss feed for that! Thanks in advance!

If its hard to make(It sounds to me as hard),doesnt matter leave it.Thanks for reading my request.
davidedison, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Nov 2011.

#2 13-11-2011 
Well, I took a look at syndication.php and that is totally built around the concept of forums and threads and as the Game Section has neither then it would mean building a complete new RSS feed thingy.

I don't know what you mean by a toolbar - if you have a link to your site then that would help. I think I already have a latest games plug in, same as this one.

What you could do is set up a simple tabs system so that you have each of the games things in one block. The disadvantage is that I only know how to do that with jQuery and its a lot of extra demand on your board to add the jQuery library in addition to Prototype. The Prototype tabs I have seen around are mainly ones that do a full page reload and you don't really want that - especially if you have a busy forum.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#3 13-11-2011 
leefish;9583 Wrote:Game Section has neither then it would mean building a complete new RSS feed thingy.

Thats what I want. A rss feed for latest games.

#4 13-11-2011 
davidedison;9585 Wrote:
leefish;9583 Wrote:Game Section has neither then it would mean building a complete new RSS feed thingy.

Thats what I want. A rss feed for latest games.

Yes, I realise that. But building a complete new syndication.php is a large task and not one I will be willing to do. Sorry to disappoint - like I said, if I had a link to your site then I could suggest how to integrate what already exists regarding game plugins, or you could ask at the Game Section official site.

#5 14-11-2011 
leefish;9587 Wrote:Yes, I realise that. But building a complete new syndication.php is a large task and not one I will be willing to do. Sorry to disappoint - like I said, if I had a link to your site then I could suggest how to integrate what already exists regarding game plugins, or you could ask at the Game Section official site.

My site is: http://www.davidedisongames.zzl.org .Hope you can help me out. I tried asking at the Game Section official site but there was no response.
davidedison, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Nov 2011.

#6 14-11-2011 
I see. Well, I looked at your site - the first thing I noticed is that you have over 200 games - so it would be interesting to see the time that query for the random games is taking.

I don't see a toolbar - and I am NOT keen on downloading an app I don't really need to test it. But I think that this is something I can't help with - I am sorry.

Sorry, that is a members only option