sims2 #1
Do you recognize this?

You tell your sim to call someone, and there's that friggin' message that the target sim has no phone, and that you can't call sims that have no phone.
Now you can either quit the current household, move into the target sim's household (if they have one) and buy them a phone, or you can use some cheats to get that sim over, and slip a cell phone in their pocket... Rather annoying, isn't it?

No more of that! Phones for All simply pretends that all teens and older that do NOT live at the current lot, own a cell phone. So, as long as the target isn't a child, and you know them, you can call them, ALWAYS! Whether they really have a phone or not!

NOTE: Since cell phones were introduced in the University EP, you need to have at least UNI or one later EP/SP installed for this mod to work. Base Game just won't cut it.

UPDATE: Februari 15, 2012: The initial version had a 'feature'; due to an omission on my part, it treated sims of the current family as if they ALSO had cell phones. This was nice when the sim was called, because you could see their butt ring, even if they did NOT have a cell phone. But it was not so nice when you wanted them to call someone, because they didn't actually have the device. Also, it prevented you from using cheats to actually give them a cell phone! The new version addresses this issue!

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Phones for All Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 346 bytes | File Name BO - Phones for all.zip | # of Downloads 7,468
File Updated 15-02-2012

Comments
#37 08-08-2019
Hi @Fruityloopz,

It's hard to say. There can be many things going on. Sometimes, the problem is solved as soon as you delete the groups.cache, but in other cases that doesn't work.
If this work friend is a sim from the family bin, then there is a good chance that nothing helps, until he's given a lot to live on.

And sometimes, there are things going on that we simply don't know about. People might forget to unzip the file before putting it in the Downloads folder, for example. Or this may be their first mod, and they haven't enabled custom content in their settings menu yet. There is so much that can go wrong... And then there is still the fact that this game has always been a bit buggy and unreliable.
Normally, it should work, but nothing is guaranteed.

Sorry, that is a members only option