sims2 #1
This is a set of two tiny mods:
  1. Ghosts-Be-Gone alters the routine that determines whether a ghost should spawn to haunt the place. With this mod in place, ghosts should NEVER appear.
  2. Grimmy-Be-Gone short-circuits the Grim Reaper. When someone dies, their Tombstone will appear immediately, without the whole GR game-show.

BEWARE: These mods are currently in testing! Although I don't think there's anything wrong with them, there is still the possibility that I missed something. Testing Ghosts-Be-Gone in particular is a time consuming business.

I'd be very grateful to anyone willing to try them and report their findings.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Ghost Busters (the mods) Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 294 bytes | File Name BO - Ghosts-Be-Gone.zip | # of Downloads 1,182  
Filesize 329 bytes | File Name BO - Grimmy-Be-Gone.zip | # of Downloads 751  

Comments
#5 16-02-2012
Yeah, cluttered areas can be a pain sometimes... I had a few deaths for testers too, and the stone appeared every time, but I didn't do all of them. Thanks for your quick reply Tongue

#6 12-06-2012
  • portisHeart

heya ^^ yup i'm here too XD
i'm using simsky's antidisata - so i can exit situations like death (social worker etc) without saving. the whole grimmy drama gives me enough time to react. now with this mod, can i still exit a death event using antidisasta and reload so it "hasn't happened"?

#7 12-06-2012
It's very simple to avoid death. Just let it happen, wait until it's done and then exit without saving and then reload the game. You don't need antidisasta or anything else for that.

#8 12-06-2012
  • portisHeart

okaaay.. now i'm very confused again. thought the whole point of the game freezing your save button during "annoying/traumatic" events was exactly so you couldn't avoid the issues/consequences. so why did simsky bother making his mod, if all you had to do was wait and then exit? Huh
the more i learn about the game, the less i know *headbangs keyboard*

Sorry, that is a members only option