sims2 #1
This is a set of two tiny mods:
  1. Ghosts-Be-Gone alters the routine that determines whether a ghost should spawn to haunt the place. With this mod in place, ghosts should NEVER appear.
  2. Grimmy-Be-Gone short-circuits the Grim Reaper. When someone dies, their Tombstone will appear immediately, without the whole GR game-show.

BEWARE: These mods are currently in testing! Although I don't think there's anything wrong with them, there is still the possibility that I missed something. Testing Ghosts-Be-Gone in particular is a time consuming business.

I'd be very grateful to anyone willing to try them and report their findings.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Ghost Busters (the mods) Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 294 bytes | File Name BO - Ghosts-Be-Gone.zip | # of Downloads 1,178  
Filesize 329 bytes | File Name BO - Grimmy-Be-Gone.zip | # of Downloads 749  

Comments
#2 16-02-2012
Well, I killed Mortimer Goth, EVERY way I could in game, (I have all EP's up to BV, and I used cheats) and still no Grim Reaper. I even tested him dieing of old age with both Platinum Aspiration, and without it, and still no Reaper.

...Interestingly, when he rolled new wants, one of them was to take a vacation. Tongue Rofl

Also, for two nights absolutely NO ghosts spawned. (I actually tried it for 3 nights, but when I loaded the house it was already 7 o' clock, so I wasn't sure , so I didn't count that one.)

Thanks A lot. Big Grin

#3 16-02-2012
Ok, Grimmy staying away is cool. But did the tombstone properly show up every time? I guess so, because I suspect you would have said so otherwise, but I think I better make sure Smile

I've seldom seen a night where there were no ghosts out at the Goth Estate, so if this mod kept it quiet there for two nights, then I'm sure ghosts are a thing of the past as well. Thanks for your report, Pickles. Very much appreciated! Big Grin

#4 16-02-2012
The tombstone seemed to appear every time... YES.

Once, I electrocuted Mortimer in a cluttered area, (ashes from burning him alive) and I didn't think I saw the tombstone... But I resurrected him quickly to make sure everything was okay... It was. I electrocuted him two more times, in an UNCLUTTERED area, and saw the tombstone both times.

I didn't think to mention it...because I thought it was just me.

Sorry, that is a members only option