sims2 #1
This is a set of two tiny mods:
  1. Ghosts-Be-Gone alters the routine that determines whether a ghost should spawn to haunt the place. With this mod in place, ghosts should NEVER appear.
  2. Grimmy-Be-Gone short-circuits the Grim Reaper. When someone dies, their Tombstone will appear immediately, without the whole GR game-show.

BEWARE: These mods are currently in testing! Although I don't think there's anything wrong with them, there is still the possibility that I missed something. Testing Ghosts-Be-Gone in particular is a time consuming business.

I'd be very grateful to anyone willing to try them and report their findings.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Ghost Busters (the mods) Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 294 bytes | File Name BO - Ghosts-Be-Gone.zip | # of Downloads 1,178  
Filesize 329 bytes | File Name BO - Grimmy-Be-Gone.zip | # of Downloads 749  

Comments
#9 12-06-2012
portisHeart;14161 Wrote:okaaay.. now i'm very confused again. thought the whole point of the game freezing your save button during "annoying/traumatic" events was exactly so you couldn't avoid the issues/consequences. so why did simsky bother making his mod, if all you had to do was wait and then exit? Huh

My guess is, that, If you tried to exit during certian events you could corrupt the lot. Also, like during a breakin, they did not want you to suddenly buy an alarm.

portisHeart;14161 Wrote:the more i learn about the game, the less i know *headbangs keyboard*

Better get use to the feeling, because it is true of (almost) everything Smile

#10 12-06-2012
RebaLynn is right, portisheart. The EAxians sometimes block the controls to prevent you from doing something that might corrupt the hood. Afterwards, when the whole cut-scene/animation and all the consequences have played out, that risk no longer exists, and you can simply refuse to live with how it turned out.

Why certain people make certain mods... yeah, sometimes I ask myself that question too. Some of them probably don't actually know what all is possible in-game already.

To give an example: why would one make a custom sofa that gives as much comfort and energy as the most expensive Maxis sofa - or even more -, but costs less then the cheapest Maxis sofa? Sims will want to buy more expensive stuff eventually, and then they'll be forced to use crap of a lesser quality, because at the cheaper levels they got spoiled!

Why would you have gold and marble floors and walls costing only §1, while some old, rotting wooden planks cost §25? It means that sims could live in a palace costing nothing, and hate their environment because it's cheap, or live in a horrible dump and love it because it was super expensive? WTF??? Really, some creators are just plain effing stupid, thinking that they make life better for their sims, but ultimately just throwing everything off-balance and not making any sense at all.

#11 12-06-2012
Now then, I have a question. Can you make a version of the ghost buster mod that does not work on com lots.

I don't really need it, as I can just move all urns/stones to my cemetary lot, and keep ghosts there. Mostly I was just wondering if it could be done.

#12 12-06-2012
Perhaps it could be done, although I wonder why one would want that. And I also wonder which one. Because you may or may not have noticed, but there are two mods on this page Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option