sims2 #1
This is a set of two tiny mods:
  1. Ghosts-Be-Gone alters the routine that determines whether a ghost should spawn to haunt the place. With this mod in place, ghosts should NEVER appear.
  2. Grimmy-Be-Gone short-circuits the Grim Reaper. When someone dies, their Tombstone will appear immediately, without the whole GR game-show.

BEWARE: These mods are currently in testing! Although I don't think there's anything wrong with them, there is still the possibility that I missed something. Testing Ghosts-Be-Gone in particular is a time consuming business.

I'd be very grateful to anyone willing to try them and report their findings.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Ghost Busters (the mods) Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 294 bytes | File Name BO - Ghosts-Be-Gone.zip | # of Downloads 1,178  
Filesize 329 bytes | File Name BO - Grimmy-Be-Gone.zip | # of Downloads 749  

Comments
#13 12-06-2012
My thought was for the one that stops ghosts. I was thinking it would be nice to have urns or gravestones with out the ghosts. After typing that I thought there might actually be buyable versions, so I went looking, and found them Smile

EDIT: Well, that was a bust, the buyable collections do not work with BV. So now I still can't buy headstones for my grave yard.

#14 12-06-2012
  • portisHeart

Quote:My guess is, that, If you tried to exit during certian events you could corrupt the lot.

Quote:The EAxians sometimes block the controls to prevent you from doing something that might corrupt the hood

..except all their homemade bugs and the stuff they borked Tongue

but ok, i see what you mean. guess the cinematic and all events have an order to follow and absolve..
i actually got so panicked when my most beloved simmie died (i was so clever, as he got food-poisoned instead of waiting for him to cure himself i went into simPE and deleted the "sick" token, then went all happy back to my game.. to see him agonize and die in front of his crying bf, then came this disturbing specter figure..) - i just crashed my game on purpose with wintask.. Slap - that's why i was enthusiastic about antidisasta.

yup, many mods are not exactly logical, or answer to needs most gamers don't have - the simmies even less. you're right about the cheap stuff, they hate it. i prefer to cheat money in and buy expensive stuff - RL offers enough opportunities to experience hardships, no need in MY game ~ still, i think it's good such a game can be customized, even if sometimes it's worse-bettered ^^

guys, thx for ur help! Smile

#15 12-06-2012
Bye bye Grim, see you in Sim Hell! Now the thing is you can't get to Sim Hell normally, but if you meet one of the members from hell, befriend them and impress two of their friends and go on a group outings, and have a 100% relationship from a zombie and eat a spoiled Turkey meal and .... so on... there fore.... don't forget about maxing your skills... watch out for... now this is important.... .... ... .. . . . .

Thanks for the mod BO!

#16 19-04-2013
  • Registered
I have tested ghosts-be-gone on two lots so far. Only one ghost showed up, during a lightning storm.

I've heard of lightning striking gravestones, so maybe her grave was hit and I didn't see it? If so, is it possible to stop this from happening as well?

Other than that, this is an awesome mod and one I've wanted for quite some time. I don't like ghosts, so thank you!

Sorry, that is a members only option