sims2 #1
This is a set of two tiny mods:
  1. Ghosts-Be-Gone alters the routine that determines whether a ghost should spawn to haunt the place. With this mod in place, ghosts should NEVER appear.
  2. Grimmy-Be-Gone short-circuits the Grim Reaper. When someone dies, their Tombstone will appear immediately, without the whole GR game-show.

BEWARE: These mods are currently in testing! Although I don't think there's anything wrong with them, there is still the possibility that I missed something. Testing Ghosts-Be-Gone in particular is a time consuming business.

I'd be very grateful to anyone willing to try them and report their findings.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Ghost Busters (the mods) Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 294 bytes | File Name BO - Ghosts-Be-Gone.zip | # of Downloads 1,178  
Filesize 329 bytes | File Name BO - Grimmy-Be-Gone.zip | # of Downloads 749  

Comments
#21 15-01-2018
Hi @frogz2007,

What can I say? It is probably very well possible to give the Therapist a similar treatment as the death-metal band "Grimmy and the Ghosts".
The sad part of this message, though, is that *I* am not modding anymore. So even if it could be done, you'd have to do it yourself or find another modder to set this up.
I'm very sorry, but that's how it is at the moment.

#22 15-01-2018
  • Registered
Alright. I respect that. Take care!

#23 03-07-2019
  • Registered
I've tried both the Grimmy Be Gone and the Ghost Be Gone mod and it gives me an error message before the game even loads.

#24 04-07-2019
@Beeswing1977

Sorry, but I cannot help you if you don't give enough information. You haven't told me what the error message says, what version of the game you're playing, and what expansions you have, etc.
Am I supposed to take some wild guesses?

Sorry, that is a members only option