NEW HARDWARE!!!
#11 18-04-2012 
Yes, I think BO is right - only with XP Professional version thing was it possible to utilise the memory above 4GB. I think.

* leefish knows little about hardware
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#12 18-04-2012 
Oh, I see.

I'm on XP pro. My laptop is 7 but it came with an XP downgrade option which I have neglected to apply.

#13 18-04-2012 
Well, from what I have read, you should consider it. XP is a much smaller footprint and if you have the Win7 Pro with the XP option you can get more out of your machine. As far as I know.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#14 18-04-2012 
Yep, I made the mistake of waiting too long and setting everything up how I like it, and filling up the hard drive and I don't know if I can do the downgrade and leave everything intact.

#15 18-04-2012 
Besides, the old rig had started to get rather noisy and bumpy. It was over a decade old, and desperately needed to retire to its final resting place.

#16 18-04-2012 
Congrats on the New Rig! I prefer Win7 Over Xp. For one, I really like how I could pin stuff to le taskbar, I never knew if one could do that in WinXP, but it is a nifty feature and gives me quick access to playing TS3. As far as graphics go I did find a program that helps boost games (It's here). It somewhat works and improves my load time with my TS3.

BTW, You may want to install and run This program on the old computer after you finish getting all the files you want/need and are ready to send the old thing to rest or disposal ( Here is how to run it ) What it will do is completely wipe the hard drive clean of all sensitive information, which could be recovered by identity thieves, even if you completely removed everything off the system.

#17 18-04-2012 
I knew of ways to add new stuffeths to the taskbar in XP, but it wasn't quite as convenient as W7. And now I'm reasonably used to W7, I wouldn't want to switch back, either.

Whatever that program is or does that you linked to, I can't access it. Nor can I see the 'manual'. But I don't think I need it anyway, because I removed the HDD and the memory before I dumped that rig. If there's anything useful on that drive that I need, I can still extract the info.

#18 18-04-2012 
BoilingOil;10364 Wrote:You want the thing to go comepletely naked? Ok, here come the filthy details! Tongue

Case: CoolerMaster Elite
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V LE (supports Smart Response Technology)
Chipset : Intel P67
Proc : Intel I7-2600 Quad core, 3400MHz
RAM : 4x Corsair Vengeance 4096MB DDR3-SDRAM, 1600 MHz (Max 4x 8192 MB)
HDD : 2000GB
SSD : 60GB
Graphics : 2x Sapphire Radeon HD6870, 1024 MB GDDR5
Other : 8x USB, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, CF/MMC/MMCmicro/RS-MMC/SD/SDHC/miniSD/microSD/microSDHC Card-reader, DVD-RW drive
Power : Corsair GS800, 850W

Windows reports a Windows Experience Index of 7.6 (on a scale of 1.0 to 7.9)

It set me back some € 1400, but it's so worth it! It blows holes in the load times. If this thing had wheels, it would tear the asphalt off of highways.

BodyShop, which is very hard for most people to get started, opens in less than a minute!
SimPE loads in less than a minute too, and whatever I click within the program, the results come up lightning fast.

this is just way too awesome, gratz Big Grin
Cmks, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Apr 2012.

#19 19-04-2012 
Congrats on the new computer!

#20 20-04-2012 
Oh, I'm so jealous you have a great computer...and it works. Congrats to you! Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option