Having Serious Issues with CAS transparency
#1 15-03-2012 
Okay I decided I would convert the hidden TS2 BV tiki mask for guys for TS3. Sounds easy enough right? Well, no not really the mask has transparency in the texture, while I know that with objects in tsrw you can simply set alpha mask threshold to 200 to show transparency in a texture, not sure the exact steps with CAS items. Please keep in mind when giving advice that I don't have or use the unitool. Anybody have any advice on what to do? I'm adding attachments of the pics in game and in tsrw. In tsrw I don't understand, it looks just fine, but when you get in game it's all wonky. Also attached is the rar which contains the .package, sims3pack, and tsrw file.

Attached File(s)
.rar  mask.rar (Size: 1.82 MB / Downloads: 745)

#2 15-03-2012 
It's an alpha editing issue of course but aside from that I know almost nothing about CAS items though, and even less about TSRW nowadays.

Have you cloned an item that supports using an alpha channel? That would definitely be the first step I think.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#3 15-03-2012 
I cloned from glasses, made the mesh of the lens invisible. The texture of the glasses it was cloned from have transparency, but that could be the lens. Not sure of any accessories short of glasses to clone from that already have transparency.

#4 15-03-2012 
so the glasses had a castable channel? What textures is this item using?

PS - I moved this thread to help....

#5 15-03-2012 
Yeah the glasses have a castable channel, not sure what you mean by what textures it's using (I'm still no expert with TS3 creating). Sorry for posting in the wrong area. I found it up at the top at information.

ETA:

I made up some textures based off of the Sims 2 one.

#6 15-03-2012 
I believe Inge said that Texture Tweaker works on CASParts now. Have you tried re-doing the texture with that? Or would that help?

Edit: The texture tweaker is hosted at simlogical, and is really easy to use. It even allows you to upgrade an object to have 4 channels if it didn't already.
Ghost, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Mar 2012.

#7 15-03-2012 
I have the texture tweaker, but I don't really know how to use it, maybe there are some tutorials somewhere on it but I haven't found any yet.

#8 15-03-2012 
There is a HUGE tutorial in process over at simlogical (I don't think it is released yet) - but I use TT3 quite a bit and it is fairly clear what is going on. Just read through the basic notes over at simlogical release thread and you are good to go.

#9 15-03-2012 
On the texture tweaker, I got an error that said unable to find a suitable resource (e.g. OBJD)

#10 15-03-2012 
Did you download the new version? Maybe try logging in to Inge's chat and asking her direct re TT3 usage..

Sorry, that is a members only option