MyTabs
#1 20-03-2012 
Hey leefish, would you happen to know how to make the mytabs plugin for mybb actually stay on a certain tab even after you refresh page/log out. Right now, there's a default tab, but if you go to another tab and refresh the page it goes back to the default tab.
Yin, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Mar 2012.
And proud to be the owner of Atlas Productions - Cavern Of Creativity!

#2 20-03-2012 
hmm, I don't have the mytabs plugin, is it available on the mods site? Really you would need it to be cookiefied - which it should be.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#3 20-03-2012 
I probably should have read this before sending a reply to the PM lol. Everything is explained in the PM and yes, it's a plugin on the mods site. Here's a link: http://mods.mybb.com/view/mytabs

#4 20-03-2012 
Ok, on the MyTabs plugin from the mod site, I was reading in the forums that it is vulnerable to SQL Injection, I am not sure if the author updated. So disable that right now and search the MYBB boards for a fix.

Ok, I searched on the boards - it appears the tabs has been fixed. So phew.
I am testing the one from the MYBB board right now - I am avoiding the MYBB Central one as I fear it will leave a load of junk behind Big Grin

#5 20-03-2012 
Yeah, I ended up researching that as well. Thank goodness it's no longer vulnerable Big Grin

#6 20-03-2012 
What I am actually doing right now is working on the jQuery navigation I have on leefish. I always wanted that to persist ANYWAY, so I need to work that out Big Grin

I am also looking to see what is the result on your board if the javascript is OFF in the users browser ; on the version from labrocca I think that without js then you won't get the content of the "hidden" tabs.

I realise that javascript (js) is a big part of todays web, but NoScript is one of the most downloaded plugins for FireFox. I think it does no harm to make sure the tabs degrade. I also think that crawler bots can't read js either.....

#7 20-03-2012 
Why would people disable javascript aside getting passed stupid survey sites?? Is there some vulnerability in it or something?

#8 20-03-2012 
Yin;10689 Wrote:Why would people disable javascript aside getting passed stupid survey sites?? Is there some vulnerability in it or something?
Well, many small sites (like mine, like yours) are run by hobbyists. Hobbyists are maybe not very good at security....

Here is a link to an article >> Why No Script

Basically, a lot of people only run js on sites they trust, so it is a good idea while you are building trust to make the site still accessible. Try turning off the javascript on a few sites you visit - see if you can still navigate/register etc etc....

I used to have a javascript menu but one of our members, Xander, made me the css one we have today.

#9 20-03-2012 
How would a hacker get the malicious code onto your site in the first place? If this was explained in the article, I did not get that part.

#10 20-03-2012 
They hijack your password - it can happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option