Phonebook Display - List
#1 22-03-2012 
Now that I am back in full swing with the game (yay! Celebrate ) I am constantly being reminded of little irks I have had with the game in the past, so I am posting it here for the mod gods to help me maybe find a solution.

Simply put whenever I call a Sim in the game it takes an annoying amount of time to load the phone book, then if I want to sort by say "relationship" it takes even more time to re-sort the thumbnails and I don't know add the icons?

What I want is a mod that makes the phonebook default to list view instead of faces/thumbnails.

Thanks!
[Image: sig55.jpg]

#2 06-04-2012 
*Taps thread*

Hello? Anyone here? Guess not.

*walks away only to return someday*

#3 06-04-2012 
Oops! I saw this thread while browsing with my iPad, and thought: I need to reply to that when I'm on the PC again. Then I totally forgot to do that... Sorry about that, Shane.

With more and more of my sims getting to know lots and lots of people (mostly as a result of the "Head for Numbers" Business Reward), I agree... that standard setting for the Phonebook is most impractical... I'll investigate this issue, my friend. And sorry for making you wait.

#4 06-04-2012 
No worries BO, I figured you were busy and all I really wanted was a "Noted: Will look into it." or any kind of reply at all would have worked lol.

Thanks though! Big Grin

#5 07-04-2012 
Am I close? - I haven't used SimPE for a long time and I don't know if I'm looking in the right place.

[Image: th_simPE_phonelist.jpg]

#6 08-04-2012 
I'd have to note the group and instance numbers and verify them with my findings, but from the BHAV name, it looks like you might be on to something there Wink

#7 08-04-2012 
Ok, I've been on a quest to find the place where the actual dialog (the "phonebook dialog") is conjured up, and guess what... It's handled by a primitive, NOT a BHAV. And this primitive takes only two parameters:
  • The dialog model - in this case the phone book.
  • The line that tells you to select an object/subject/whatever - in this case the person you want to call.

There's not parameter that allows you to select the list method beforehand, so we're stuck with the thing the way it is Sad

#8 08-04-2012 
You know what that is ok, knowing is better than not knowing. It sucks but it is just a minor inconvience. Thanks BO. Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option