What other Sims games do you play?
#1 24-03-2012 
...or have played.

I never played Sims1 and found Sims2 at the Pets EP, but I was a huge fan of SimCity back in the day (doughnut strategy works every time) and I loved SimCity 3000. I tried SimCity 4 and the regions thing just baffled me.

I also was quite addicted to SimTower, though the blasted escalators beat me every time and I never reached 100 floors.

I tried Sims Medieval, but it didn't really hold my interest.

What other Sims games (apart from Sims2 and Sims3) have you played and would you recommend them?

#2 24-03-2012 
Wow where to begin?

I played all of TS1 titles. (might be hard to go back.)
The Sims on consoles and TS2 titles on consoles. (no)
The Urbz (an urban spin off of the Sims)
Sim Tower was a great game at the time.
Sims Medieval was ok, but kinda lacking.
TS3, but we all know how I feel about that game.
MySims, a great idea but very repetative and kinda shallow.
[Image: sig55.jpg]

#3 24-03-2012 
Oh, I did the original SimCity, and never has such a simple game been more fun than that. Making one corner of the city stink like hell with all the smog of factories and power plants, while the rest of the city was beautiful Smile

I did SimTower, and liked that too. The trick to reaching the 100th floor was NOT to use escalators... One could only build like 50 escalators or so, but you'd need at least three or four between every two floors to get things really going. The trick was to use way more elevators.

SimCity 4 isn't too hard... the trick with zoning is: you don't simply build factories, shops, offices and residences; in stead you define the areas where those buildings may be placed, and the sims themselves build what they need using each area (or zone) for the type of buildings you've decreed there.

I played SimEarth too, a lot of fun to start with an empty ball of mud, plant a few seeds, and then see forests grow, the first lifeforms evolve. Then dinos roam the lands, become extinct, and are replaced by reptiles, amphibians, avians, and mammals, in some order...
I've had one world where first the Reptilians evolved into a sentient society, developed space travel and left, and then several ten-thousands of years later, Avians did the same, followed by the Mammals even later. One world, generating an Exodus three times.

Not much else on the Sim front, until I got my hands on Sims 2, which happened around the time AL was just released.

#4 24-03-2012 
I played Sims Medieval for a few weeks but it didn't hold my interest much longer than that.

I loved Sims 2 Castaway though. Going through the little story was FUN. Very easy gameplay, but charming and funny and just... fun. I liked that it was different from regular Sims 2. Can't go spear fishing and play with orangutans in regular Sims 2! I even put my own sims and some CC in the free play neighbourhood. The gameplay is limited, but it's fun to see my fave simmies doing Castaway activities. And if you have a good graphics card, the water in it is spectacular. Haven't done so in a long time but I'll still fire it up once in a while to mess around in that free-play 'hood.

#5 24-03-2012 
Well, I have been following the new SimCity site - it is looking really exciting.

I also posted a video: SimCity GlassBox
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#6 25-03-2012 
Before I saw that video, I actually thought "New SimCity? What the hell for, actually?" But now this video is playing tricks, changing my mind! Looks good!

#7 25-03-2012 
Well, the online stuff is a serious concern for me. Why?
  • I hate having to be online and do not play well with others
  • This means you are depending on EA to keep the server up to play.

#8 25-03-2012 
I agree completely with you, Lee, and also for exactly the same reasons! If I'm required to be online just to be able to play it, then they can put their game in a place where the sun never shines!

#9 25-03-2012 
fanseelamb;10742 Wrote:I loved Sims 2 Castaway though. Going through the little story was FUN. Very easy gameplay, but charming and funny and just... fun.

I loved the little quest in Castaway, really, I have no idea why I am a simmer - I am so goal oriented and not at all imaginative......

#10 28-03-2012 
leefish;10762 Wrote:Well, the online stuff is a serious concern for me. Why?
  • I hate having to be online and do not play well with others
  • This means you are depending on EA to keep the server up to play.

Especially since EA has been closing servers left and right lately. This online connection idea needs to die, seriously. Sleepy
[Image: sig55.jpg]

Sorry, that is a members only option