April Fool's
#1 31-03-2012 
Ok, I am a grumpy sod.

I will be avoiding the internet for a while (24 hours), until all the childish pranks are over.

What is your opinion on April Fool's Day? Does it even WORK on the internet considering there are all the different time zones?
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#2 31-03-2012 
Yes of course it works... It's even twice as long as you think now (east of the date line, April Fools day ends 48 hours after it started west of the date line), and thus all the more fun!

So with you staying away 24 hours, we still have 24 hours to play the fattest pranks on you! Halleluya!

#3 01-04-2012 
Well bah - look what I find on WikiPedia:

Quote:The April 1 tradition in France, Romandy and French-speaking Canada includes poisson d'avril (literally "April's fish"), attempting to attach a paper fish to the victim's back without being noticed. This is also widespread in other nations, such as Italy, where the term Pesce d'aprile (literally "April's fish") is also used to refer to any jokes done during the day.

So, blame the fishes huh.

#4 01-04-2012 
Are there no 'Aprilvissen' in The Netherlands?

#5 01-04-2012 
I never heard of this fishy stuff before, but that could just mean I missed something. We just call it "1 april" and play all kinds of practical jokes, like I once put two spoons of salt in my dad's coffee in stead of two spoons of sugar.

He didn't keep that coffee down for very long... And I learned to regret that prank... Sad

#6 01-04-2012 
Must be one of those cultural differences between Flanders and The Netherlands. We just call it 1 april too, but the kids do pin paper fish onto each other's backs.

#7 01-04-2012 
We dutch like to pull more large-scale pranks, like the weather service telling us that a new front of snow and freezing weather is going to hit us. Yeah, such pranks on a national scale are more our thing.

#8 01-04-2012 
The paper fish sounds cute - cuter than kick me.

#9 01-04-2012 
As i always tell everyone i know: please do skip me with the practical jokes. Luckily for me, everyone i know does do that.

i am also skeptical of every news item, or new feature mentioned on any site on or short before April 1.. i only visit sites i trust today!
engelina-c, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Feb 2012.

#10 01-04-2012 
Hear hear!

Sorry, that is a members only option