Pro Portal If statement
#1 31-03-2012 
Hey again. I have an issue with proportal. Is there a way to make an if statement that puts all blocks on one side if a certain theme is in use? I managed to get the toggle width to work, but the portal page is still wide because the blocks are on both sides. Or maybe a template to change?
Yin, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Mar 2012.
And proud to be the owner of Atlas Productions - Cavern Of Creativity!

#2 31-03-2012 
This is of course the horrible issue with pro-portal - it is very hard to customise - everything is GLOBAL.

What you could try - no guarantee it will work - is to add a pro-portal template set to the theme you are using and to edit that.

you should be able to go to the theme templates and ADD a template - try adding the pro_portal templates (there are 5 I think - in global templates) to the theme set.

Then, edit one of the templates with a single word - Like Potato or cabbage - and see if it shows.

Example code:

[html]
<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center">
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="{$proportal->settings['leftcolwidth']}" style="padding-right:{$proportal->settings['verticalspace']}px">
{$leftblocks}{$rightblocks}
</td>
<td valign="top">
{$centerblocks}

</td>
</tr>
</table>
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center">
<tr>
<td align="center" width="100%" class="smalltext"><a href="http://www.promybb.com/" target="_blank">Pro Portal 1.0</a> &copy; 2010 <a href="http://atopal.com/" target="_blank">Adnan TOPAL</a></td>
</tr>
</table>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>
[/html]

I just tested it on testfish and it works - see the greenfish portal vs the bluefish portal.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#3 31-03-2012 
Ok, but remember I have the zinga plugin that allows php in template and I think it allows if conditions too. (Just don't know how I'd use it)

I'll try it though. Thanks for the suggestion!

#4 31-03-2012 
You don't need it - I did that effect with ONE template. There is no need to do the IF - you are swapping themes anyway.

Template used: pro_portal
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#5 31-03-2012 
You, my friend.... Are a freaking genius! It worked Big Grin Now I just have to fix the PM section! Could I put width auto in javascript?
Oh, didn't see your edit of the other post telling me that it does INDEED work. Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option