Xthreads again
#1 06-04-2012 
So I managed to get the file upload thing working that we talked about in chat today, but I'm wondering if there is a way to make it so that only 1 of them can be required.

Example:
File upload/URL upload
I upload a file through file/url upload.
Then I can't upload through the direct download url

Direct Download URL
I post a url in the direct download area
Then I can't upload through the file/url upload

Choose none, then it will say you need to choose one.

Or would I have to dig into the HTML for that?

PS: If I do have to dig into the html, can you link me to a tutorial that shows how to do have the options hidden until an option is chosen. For example:

Dropdown asks: Direct Download Link or File/URL Upload

Choose Direct download, then the textbox shows up,
choose file/url upload then the file upload button pops up.
Yin, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Mar 2012.
And proud to be the owner of Atlas Productions - Cavern Of Creativity!

#2 06-04-2012 
The short answer is yes, I think you can control it to an extent. It is harder to control it when editing the post.

There is this post that RateU made for me - its a form wizard using template conditionals.

http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=743

You would have to combine that with a field on the edit post that hides the url or direct download depending on which is selected.

You will have to make a prefix_newthread and prefix_editpost_first templates.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#3 06-04-2012 
Gracias Big Grin Will look this up now.

#4 10-04-2012 
This isn't really what I was looking for.

But I did get something working sort of. I have asked around mybbhacks, and got a little help. I was told I'd need a plug in that checks for $mybb->input and validates it. But I've never made a plug in before and don't even know where to start. Any chance that you can help me with this when ever you have the time?

#5 10-04-2012 
Hmm, I know how to make a plugin, but I have no idea how to integrate that into a XThreads page.

I see what you want - you want that people cannot upload a file twice or not upload a file at all. Are your upload areas moderated?

I have NEARLY finished a simple XTHreads set up that will allow some people to upload and approve own upload and send it to the live downloads area. The rest are moderated.

That might help as you want them to do one or the other - right?

#6 10-04-2012 
Yeah, downloads by regular members have to be approved first. So how would that work? Would I leave both fields as not required?

#7 10-04-2012 
Yup, I would say that the easiest solution is to do it with both as not required and then check it.

#8 10-04-2012 
Thanks, I finally got it to work, but the download button does not appear... Not only that, but I'm not even going to bother going forward with this. Confused I just noticed that it doesn't have any of the upload information when you finally do get it working.

#9 10-04-2012 
well, I would say maybe shelve it for now. I had a few things I wanted to make when I started with XThreads that were beyond me, but I went back to it later and it was fine.

So, what is your first plugin going to be?

#10 10-04-2012 
Well, it WAS going to be that thing Zinga suggested I'd do, but that is way beyond the scope of my skill. So yeah, I'm putting that idea on the backburner now.

Sorry, that is a members only option