sims2 #1
so, I saw that fansee has been uploading the contents of her downloads folder (the things she made herself of course) and I thought I might jump on the bandwagon. Um yea.

So, I had a look and I found this - it is a street grate.

It is a whopping 12 polygons in size and costs a fairly non-prohibitive 1 simoleon. It is recolourable, but comes with only one recolour and only one subset. Come on - it's a GRATE. Sheesh. You can find it in the buy catalog in deco/miscellaneous.

Special features:
  • Visible from hood view
  • Intersectable by objects and Sims
  • Can be placed on the road in a lot with no cheats.

Í tested on a lot with taxi's and cars - no issues seen as far as blocking portals etc. Enjoy.

Now with an update from Pixelhate - a better Normal map Big Grin

Please do:
  • Include my objects in your lots
  • Use the objects etc in pictures/machinima/stories
  • Let me know if you recolour one of my items so I can post a link in the upload thread.
Please don't:
  • Share the files as downloads
  • Include my meshes with your recolours unless you ask me first.

Requests?
You can ask me HERE

Screenshots
Simple Grate Screenshot Simple Grate Screenshot          
Download link
Filesize 113.75 KB | File Name With NormalMap.rar | # of Downloads 980
File Updated 24-07-2012

Comments
#5 08-04-2012
I'm somewhat surprised by the filesize... but that's mostly the textures, I guess... Does this grate also drain puddles?

#6 08-04-2012
OMG! 12 polygons?! What kind of super computer do you think I'm running over here? 12? 12! Seriously, are you trying to kill my computer?

...and scene.

Awesome idea, I like things like this anything to add realism to the look of the game is OK by me. Big Grin

#7 08-04-2012
BoilingOil;11211 Wrote:Does this grate also drain puddles?

BO! Don't say things like that when I'm in Silly Objects mode! Because now I've got this idea in my head how grate, sorry, great it would be with a sort-of functional grate, that had a pie menu option to "drain puddles" that removes all the puddles on the lot... (Yes, I know you can use the batbox for that and I've looked at the BHAV and it's simple enough that I understand it, OMG! but it would be more fun to have a grate do it since that's what they're for. Smile)

#8 08-04-2012
Nix! I was actually thinking like "no menu options on the grate, it'll just automatically drain puddles, or even prevent them from forming outside" like Yedda-2000's floor drain does. And in stead of them keeping the whole lot dry, there could be some range around each grate that's kept clean... In fact, it could be a clone of Yedda's with the added tech to allow it to be placed on the road, and of course the new mesh/texture to make it look like the one here Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option