sims2 #1
so, I saw that fansee has been uploading the contents of her downloads folder (the things she made herself of course) and I thought I might jump on the bandwagon. Um yea.

So, I had a look and I found this - it is a street grate.

It is a whopping 12 polygons in size and costs a fairly non-prohibitive 1 simoleon. It is recolourable, but comes with only one recolour and only one subset. Come on - it's a GRATE. Sheesh. You can find it in the buy catalog in deco/miscellaneous.

Special features:
  • Visible from hood view
  • Intersectable by objects and Sims
  • Can be placed on the road in a lot with no cheats.

Í tested on a lot with taxi's and cars - no issues seen as far as blocking portals etc. Enjoy.

Now with an update from Pixelhate - a better Normal map Big Grin

Please do:
  • Include my objects in your lots
  • Use the objects etc in pictures/machinima/stories
  • Let me know if you recolour one of my items so I can post a link in the upload thread.
Please don't:
  • Share the files as downloads
  • Include my meshes with your recolours unless you ask me first.

Requests?
You can ask me HERE

Screenshots
Simple Grate Screenshot Simple Grate Screenshot          
Download link
Filesize 113.75 KB | File Name With NormalMap.rar | # of Downloads 980
File Updated 24-07-2012

Comments
#17 09-04-2012
leefish;11241 Wrote:@ Everybody who wants it DO something

Well, I think the very object already exists to do this - Mog Hughson's bath mats. I will have a look.

I would't want to have bath mats lying around all of the garden and the road, though! That would really look silly. That's why I mentioned Yedda's floor-drain. And there's even an invisible recolor for it, by pfish...

#18 09-04-2012
um - of course I was not implying you should use bath mats. I MEANT I could use the bhavs in the grate.

Course, it can be hard to remain motivated...if you know what I mean.

#19 09-04-2012
Oh, well I'd still prefer the Drain's logic, becasue the bath mats will allow puddles to form and then slowly suck them away. The drain completely stops puddles from forming! Depending on which version of the drain you use, either a limited areas around the drain, or the whole 'room' will be affected.

Yeah, I know how it works with motivation... Sometimes, it's hard for me to remain with a certain mod request, because there's so much research to do, so many BHAVs to check before it's clear what needs to be done...

#20 09-04-2012
well, feel free to go ahead and use the mesh and mod it. Personally, I like the idea of the puddle draining away from around the drain. And it seems that there already IS a drain that does the other function - so why make another. No need.

Sorry, that is a members only option