Conversions?
#1 10-04-2012 
Hey Lee, I was just wondering how you felt about conversions here specifically Medieval - TS2, TS3 or TS3 Store - TS2. I know mts doesn't allow Medieval - TS2, TS3 conversions, but many other smaller sites do. A lot of people also upload TS3 Store - TS2 conversions (I think there's one on mts even). Just wondering how you personally felt about having them here.

#2 10-04-2012 
well, my personal opinion - as a creator - is that converting from one game to another is just lazy ass. Especially if it is TS3 > TS2 or Medieval > TS2/TS3.

I am always much more impressed by a properly made TS2 > TS3 conversion. By that, I mean it is fully castable without wobbly bits.

To be honest, if you already have an item on site A I don't see why it needs to be on site B as well - I have a couple of doubles, but mainly what I upload here is ONLY here.

So.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#3 10-04-2012 
Well for some things no time and effort goes into a Sims 3 to Sims 2 conversion, but if you are applying your own textures or adding things like glass it can be a lot of work. The way I make my 3 to 2 conversions is to try to emulate the best I can The Sims 3 version instead of just a plain plastic-looking texture. It all depends on what type of thing you are making as well, some things like a sculpture for instance are easier than say a mirror or a bed. As far as uploading to only one site, it all depends on the type of person you are I guess, for you that's good, but for me personally I like to upload the same thing to other sites because not everyone may go to that site who goes to the other. There was a time when sapphire was up and running when I was uploading full time to at least 5 sites, until I got my own site, and that kept me pretty much busy uploading only there and a few other themed sites when I had one that had to do with that.

#4 10-04-2012 
Yes, as you say, it is all a matter of personal choice.

I should add - re lazy ass conversions - I have some myself Big Grin

Some from the early days of TS3 when it was a miracle (for me at least) to get the damned thing in game at all, and then a couple of things from cmo which were so pretty and i wanted them for TS2.

#5 10-04-2012 
I have some things I know I couldn't upload to MTS and was meaning to ask you about uploading them here so this is good to know! Game rips and conversions might not be as challenging to make (they can certainly be time consuming though at least for me) but there's still a great deal of satisfaction having these things in my Sims game to see and interact with. Smile

Once my new computer gets here and I rescue the contents of my hard drive maybe I'll make a tumblr page like all the cool kids have to share this kind of stuff.

#6 10-04-2012 
Cool kids? I have a tumblr....

Just to be clear - I think I wasn't - I don't object to conversions. I don't even object to recolours of TS2 Store clothing and objects that also have the mesh in there as the store is closed down....

#7 10-04-2012 
I know you have a tumblr...yours and fansee's True Blood page was how I found out about it. Clueless, that's me. lol

Once I actually have something to share I'll check with you first. I'd love to contribute to something to your site but it won't hurt my feelings if it turns out to be something you'd rather not host. Smile

#8 10-04-2012 
Re Tumblr - I blame fansee (I thinks she IS a cool kid...darned youngins) - it is fun and it is a neat system. Go bag your name before someone else does.

#9 10-04-2012 
Good thinking but I'm too late my name is already taken. Sad

#10 10-04-2012 
I got my Tumblr, but it is my real life Tumblr, I had a sims one, but I never touched it.

Sorry, that is a members only option