- Servos should be able to catch a cold? I don't!
- sickness should affect Dead sims? I don't!
- it's silly for Plantsims to be infected with Poison Ivy? I do!
- Vampires ought to be immune? So do I!
So here's an alternative to Maxis' idea of sickness. With this file in your mods folder, Servos and Dead sims will NOT get sick, ever. (They both did, originally!)
And Zombies, Vampires, Werewolves, Plantsims and Witches will also be immune, but if you want any of those latter groups to still be able to get sick, you can make it happen. Just open the package in SimPE, and alter the relevant line in the BCON to read 0 in stead of 1.
That's all there is to it!
Update, April 11th, 2012: Two major failures fixed:
- I failed to include a test for the presence of AL or M&G, and as a result of which errors would occur. FIXED.
- Disease marker tiles would STILL affect sims that should NOT get sick. FIXED.
The second fix does pose a bit of a snag, though: there are now TWO BCONs, which BOTH must be altered, if you want a certain type of sim to still get sick.
Update, April 12th, 2012: And again, a major fail fixed: Testing the wrong variable will not cause the mod to work very well. Re-download is required. Sorry about that.
NEW: Now also (separately) available - Allergy Controller. Does for allergies what the Immunity Controller does for sickness, and also prevents hoverbots (even custom ones as available at SimWardrobe, for example) from sneezing. Allergy Controller has its own BCON to configure allergies for your sims.
Happy, germ-free simming!
File Updated 12-04-2012
Filesize 706 bytes | File Name BO - Allergy Controller.zip | # of Downloads 717