Upgraded
#1 16-04-2012 
Well, what a horror that was. We have upgraded our software and despite lots of testing I still managed to asplode leefish a little bit. Sad

Things that stopped working:

The thanks mechanism has collapsed. I have no idea why as the exact same data performed perfectly on the test board. I fear I may have to uninstall and reinstall I will try and keep the data (are some 2000 rows of thanks, so)

The new policy thing decided it didn't want to allow BBcode anymore Sad I have slapped in some temporary fixes but again, I fear a reinstall. This might be a good time to save your policy to your personal notepad. You can see that at the bottom of your user control panel.

The slideshows on the front page had a fit and I was forced to a deinstall. Very sad about that. I will try and fix it.

EDIT: I also discovered the SPOILER had stopped working. ARG.

But - in theory - we are faster than before. Apparently.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#2 16-04-2012 
Update:

I had to uninstall and reinstall the thanks mechanism Sad

BUT - I was able to save the data. YAY. Well, yay-ish. All the thanks info is in a cache, so it will need another click on the thanks button to rebuild the cache. I will ask the developer if he has a faster method than plodding through all the DLs one by one removing thanks and rethanking.

BO's area is done, and so is CMo's. Members area next. Then dal, then me.

* leefish plods on

#3 16-04-2012 
Anything I can do to help?
You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.

#4 16-04-2012 
Well, if you wouldn't mind plodding through my uploads. Its just a case of selecting to remove or add a thanks and it is fixed.

I have JUST finished the members uploads....

#5 16-04-2012 
Yeah, let us chip in, somehow...

#6 16-04-2012 
well, am done Big Grin Just fish craft to do - those are mine. There were a couple that errored out so am at about 96% recovery (not including me). I am pretty pleased with that in the circumstances - we could have lost all of the data..

But thank you for the offer to help BO and Shell. It is really appreciated.

#7 16-04-2012 
Have you ever noticed, that every time you asplode the site it comes back bigger and better. Big Grin
You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.

#8 16-04-2012 
Yeah, I think what Shell is saying is: asplode the site more often, because it's beneficial! Tongue

#9 16-04-2012 
Thanks guys Big Grin

One of the reasons I pushed through on this upgrade is the new uploading mechanism I will be using for the members uploads. It gives the members the chance to review and edit their posts in a separate area.

I have not bothered to do this for me and BO and cmo and dal because we can edit directly after submission.

I think that with the new filters it is a lot easier to find all of a specific creators uploads in the members downloads, so rather than add MORE forums per creator (which will slow the board) I can add this feature of self approving for our regular members who make Leefish such a great place to visit (in my opinion).

#10 16-04-2012 
Quick test....

Sorry, that is a members only option