Question for BO (or anyone else) Computer with Stereo Functions?
#1 17-04-2012 
In real life, we all listen to music on our computers, I've been trying very hard for the past few hours to make a computer that has stereo functions except for dance and repair, just be able to add the functions to turn on the music, switch stations, and songs. This is what I've tried doing (unsuccessfully) so far. I tried to clone a computer, then add the pie menu strings, and pie menu functions you would see in a stereo. I then imported the semi-globals of stereo and linked the pie menu functions to the pie menu strings as well as the BHAVs that I imported from the stereo semi-globals that had the stereo functions I wanted included. I also imported all of the relevant BCONs and Text Lists for the functions I wanted. It's just not showing up in game, all the regular computer pie menu choices are there but the new pie menus I want for stereo functions are not showing. I am using Echo's introductory to BHAVs tutorial from mts, I thought I had followed it to a T but I must be missing something. I don't understand what's going wrong with this, because I've used her tutorial successfully in the past. Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way, or if all else fails, I can upload the package file. Please help!

#2 17-04-2012 
Did you also modify the TTAS/TTAB resource of your new custom computer to include the new stereo functionality? You may need to nick some of that stuff from the TTAS/TTAB of some stereo, or from StereoGlobals. And then it still needs to be adjusted to point to the correct newly-imported BHAVs, for them to show properly in the menu.

#3 18-04-2012 
Well after some hard toiling, I decided I was going about this the wrong way, so a few more hours into it I decided to make a custom video game, I've been reading up on a tutorial on mts about it, think I can handle it, even though it's very detailed and tricky and not something I would want do too often.

#4 18-04-2012 
so do we need to set this to solved and closed?
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#5 18-04-2012 
If you want to that's fine although I might run into some problems with the video game not sure, it's been years since anyone made a custom video game and they are unsupported now after new EPs and such. I'm still in the process of testing the video game.

#6 18-04-2012 
Make a new thread for that then Big Grin
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

Sorry, that is a members only option