Any Creators Ever Feel Like Giving Up After the UmpTeenth Try?
#11 20-04-2012 
Honestly, I've tried giving up but always end up coming back to something. I do sprites, last year I was spriting a full playable Lara Croft character and then my HD crashed. All of that time and effort down the drain, but I think I'm going to eventually get back to it at some point in time. As much as I want to give up, I can't leave a non updated crappy version of my character out there.

There's other things that I wish I could give up as well, but then I think of all the time and effort that I put into my work and it makes it impossible to even think of giving up.
Yin, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Mar 2012.
And proud to be the owner of Atlas Productions - Cavern Of Creativity!

#12 20-04-2012 
That is heartbreaking when a HD dies and your work is still on it. It has happened to me only once - but I lost a lot of things. The worst was my laptop getting stolen with all my wip on it.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#13 20-04-2012 
Yeah, been there before.
* Cmo still wakes up in cold sweats
Just keep swimming...

#14 21-04-2012 
Losing a HD is horrible and something I wouldn't wish on my worse enemy.
[Image: sig55.jpg]

#15 21-04-2012 
I've never lost my HD, but I have had to do system recoveries which are a pain the *bleep* and one thing that always bugged me (not really the Sims stuff) but was that iTunes doesn't let you keep unlimited number of restores for all your music and stuff, you have to contact support and hope and pray you get someone who will let you keep your music even though you've gone over your registered computer limits. On the upside, you get trials of stuff again.

#16 26-04-2012 
Give up? ME? Nah, I just forget and have to be nudged by someone who remembers. Well, there was some stuff that was on my old computer that never did get finished. But that was a nasty trojan's fault, not mine. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

That said..there's a sink I want to give up on but I just can't let it go. The sink will not defeat me!! <---say that in a dramatic voice and it has a lot more impact Smile

#17 26-04-2012 
Let loose the Fishes of WAR....

* leefish imagines an army of heroic fish bringing the sink to its (metaphorical) knees. We DO have tanks you know. Comes with the job.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#18 02-05-2012 
ROFL. Those tanks may be needed here shortly. I'll let you know!

#19 08-05-2012 
I have two types of giving up - the one where I delay it to infinity. And the other when I really give up, and say OK it's not going to happen. I can't tell you how many procrastinated to death projects I have. I am in the process of making it one project at a time to try and stop doing that.

The other I've had two projects that I said - it's not going to happen.

One was in Sims1 and it was an archeologist career, with career work to do that you followed the sim to work and had to do work things. I'd done the archeologist career complete with pith helmet (the pith helmet was really sucky). But then I was trying to create an object that was a display case, that had to deal with two sims motives, and I got so tangled that it just wasn't a working thing. (I'm an analyst/programmer by trade so I was fairly arrogant with the thought that I could get this going - after all it's just assembler in another form). I eventually gave up. It was NOT a happening thing.

In Sims 2, I wanted to make a piggy bank, that sims could save their money in - the idea was being able to have separate incomes in one household, so the household money was just that, the bit that was chipped in when sim singles were living together. Or what Sim children were saving for their education, etc. This is even though I have never modded in Sims2. SimWardrobe was a good friend at the time, and we were going to do this together. But then I got a job in Ireland, lost contact with SW, and never really looked at modding again. And to be honest the thought of modding something in Sims2, I wouldn't know where to start. So I've put that aside as something that's not going to happen.

I feel that both of them were too ambitious for the stage I was at.

Current project - making an australian pub. All other projects are on hold, or terminated.

I feel for you TNW. It can be so frustrating.

#20 08-05-2012 
Imagine that: You were actually friends with James/SimWardrobe while he was active, and when I even STARTED simming, he had already left the Simming scene. That was in the second half of 2008.

I have dozens of projects waiting for eternity to end, so I can finish them. It's mostly a matter of knowing it *can* be done, but also realizing that *I* do *not* yet have what it takes to do it *now*.

Sorry, that is a members only option