Profile Changes
#1 24-04-2012 
I have made some changes to the profiles. I am not sure if I like it. I have removed a lot of tripe and shoved all the bla bla info on the left, with some tabs with content on the right.

The new tabs interface is cookiefied, so it will remember the tab you have set (this will be across all profiles) but - it has an incredibly annoying FOUC (flash of unstyled content) on page load. Our old tabs had no FOUC, but they were not cookiefied.

Of course, a combination of a no FOUC and a cookie would be ideal, but I have been trying to get that to work for some time with very little success.

I also have an empty tab - that is work in process - it will be something like the favourite forum etc (as requested).

Feedback appreciated (and no BO, I can't turn them off just for you Tongue ).
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#2 24-04-2012 
I don't understand all of those "F" words you were using but the profile page looks great. Lots of little things to fill in and a nice layout that's easy to navigate--very tempting--I'll have to come back fill mine in.

Not really helpful feedback considering I don't remember the previous profiles but I like what's there now. Nice work.

#3 24-04-2012 
* leefish refutes the implication that she uses the "F" word.....

#4 24-04-2012 
leefish;11747 Wrote:Feedback appreciated (and no BO, I can't turn them off just for you Tongue ).

Turn WHAT off?? I'm not even turned on yet! Tongue

And what the heck is that "F" word you're using? I see it mentioned three times!

#5 24-04-2012 
leefish;11747 Wrote:bla bla bla from fishes ..... it has an incredibly annoying FOUC (flash of unstyled content) on page load...more bla bla bla

#6 24-04-2012 
Yeah, THAT F-word. I still don't understand what it means, because I don't see anything flash!

#7 24-04-2012 
BoilingOil;11752 Wrote:Yeah, THAT F-word. I still don't understand what it means, because I don't see anything flash!

oh.

Well, it is VERY brief. It could be because I am looking for it of course.

#8 24-04-2012 
I like it - and I haven't seen any FOUC, either, even though I've been clicking profiles like crazy. Maybe I blink at the wrong moment. Smile
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#9 25-04-2012 
I didn't understand what FOUC was either; but I knew you would have known that anyway.
Now I get it! I just click on Nix's profile it showed up the old style for a second, then changed to the new style. It only happened the one time with Nix's profile, I've clicked on/visited on a dozen different profiles since without it happening again.
You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.

#10 25-04-2012 
Good work Lee! ;D
[Image: sig55.jpg]

Sorry, that is a members only option