A suggestion
#21 26-04-2012 
Hmm, looking surprisingly good, too! But now I'm thinking maybe you should make it a dozen uploads per page now. Or go back to six, so there's no scrolling needed at all (sorry for my uncivilized screen resolution of 1920x1200 Tongue)

#22 26-04-2012 
Hmm? Well, try taking a look at my downloads - running as Bluefish2 (theme changer at the bottom). Then you should see the terrible horror I have perpetrated on the likes of you and fanseelamb Big Grin

Yours is as it was.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#23 26-04-2012 
Makes little difference to me, to be honest. Your pages in default theme is only slightly shorter than in BoilingOver. In both themes I see all eight downloads directly, but the bottom of the page is just outside the screen. So one needs to scroll for nearly nothing...

Maybe I'm just a total nerd in these things, but I'd say: either make scrolling worth the effort by putting more on the page, or make the page a little shorter so scrolling isn't needed at all Smile Hence my suggestion, make it twelve downloads (worth scrolling) or six (no scrolling at all). Just a suggestion.

In fact, I now see a problem! In Bluefish, I don't even see your banner in portal! I can't get to your pages that way like I can get to Michelle's or any others.

#24 26-04-2012 
hmm, I was actually referring to the site width on the screen. Not that it should make a huge amount of difference on vertical scrolling - the height is pretty much fixed.

You see, I do agree that we need to try and make scrolling worth while - so that means we need somewhere to scroll to. But - it makes the side panel look ugly if I have a really long list. On the other hand, if the list is as short as the side panel then we have billions of pages and that is annoying too.

So. I am pondering what I can do with the side panel (the bit with the filters). Maybe make it collapse? Get rid of it entirely? Put it above the downloads? (Clutter and ugly) or put it below (miles to scroll to see it...)

Basically - long way to go yet Big Grin I am still looking at it.

GOAL: To be clean and crisp with things easy to find and functional.

#25 26-04-2012 
Yesh, horribly long pages aren't the answer. That's why I suggest twelve downloads, and not like 36. At least, with 12 downloads, the number of pages is 33 percent smaller than with 8 Smile

#26 26-04-2012 
Is still gonna look odd on that sidebar though. That is the bit I need to fix.

#27 26-04-2012 
Well, just color me stupid and lock me up, but I don't see anything odd about the sidebar.

#28 26-04-2012 
Well, it is that the sidebar is not consistent in page length compared to the list of items for download. That to me looks strange. On the members downloads - its longer, so 6 looks neat but causes a scroll.

On mine its a BIT longer because I have some bla bla in there, but I don't have an uploader by name filter (is all me) and Dals is ludicrously short. So.

I will think of something.

#29 27-04-2012 
Well Lee, since we are talking about site improvement, would it be possible to remove the EA sims 3 Stuff thing? In my opinion I find it to be kinda useless since we dont have many TS3 players, that and there isnt much to reporting news about Garbage that usually is broken from Day 1 and usually requires modding or fixing to make it work like it should.

#30 27-04-2012 
Well, I like it, it is for me. So no.

Sorry, that is a members only option