A suggestion
#31 27-04-2012 
I'm with Lev only in so far as that I agree that all the FishBot-reports on EA's TS3 stuff don't interest me at all. It only annoys me.

BUT! I'm with Lee in so far that there should be room for everything Sims here, even if some members do not like some of it. I *would* like to be able to filter certain stuff out automatically, though! Because that would improve things without leaving anyone out.

#32 27-04-2012 
Yes, that would be nice indeed. Why not try setting the fishbot to ignore? I am not sure if that would work but it is worth a shot.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#33 27-04-2012 
I'm completely with you, BO. Smile

I can report that if you add FishBot to your ignore list, its posts still show up in the Latest Threads sidebar, but when you click on the post, the actual text is hidden and instead you get the "The contents of this message are hidden because FishBot is on your ignore list" message.

Is there any way to make it so that the filter not only hides the post of ignored users, but threads started by them as well? Or is that not possible? I don't know about everybody else, but if I put somebody on my ignore list (even though FishBot is the only one on this forum), then I'm really, really not interested in what that person has to say and can do without their threads as well as their posts.
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#34 27-04-2012 
Yea, I tested that too. Here is the thing. I can easily install an ignored forums thing. What is rather LESS easy is integrating it.

Due to the limitations of the software, there are about 4 major core files I would have to change, and I would have to change those to accomodate an addon. It would make upgrades much much harder, and if the addon fails it would in fact crash the database.

I LIKE fishbot. It is my friend.I also like reading the stuff from EA. It's not like it posts THAT much.

#35 27-04-2012 
I certainly don't want to make the Fish's job any harder. Don't worry, I can easily add a mental filter, and just not click on FishBot's posts. Smile I was just curious if it was even possible.

And it's nice to know FishBot has friends. It would be sad if nobody liked him/her. Wink
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#36 27-04-2012 
Don't sweat it, Lee. We'll survive. If the risk to the DB is that great, I wouldn't want you to do all that just to block out someone who has very few friends as it is... Tongue

I'll just do as Nix, then. Set FishBot to be ignored, and try to simply ignore whatever mentions of it that still show up Smile

#37 29-04-2012 
Lee, The Status thingy broke down. Not to mention there is a thingy titled empty, what is it going to be?

* levini is interested in this empty thingy

#38 29-04-2012 
That empty thingy is a solitary confinement cell; Lee is planning to put *you* in there whenever you forget to behave! Big Grin

* BoilingOil is pulling your leg, of course!

#39 29-04-2012 
levini;11901 Wrote:Lee, The Status thingy broke down. Not to mention there is a thingy titled empty, what is it going to be?

* levini is interested in this empty thingy

More specifics on status thingy please.

Empty = see below

leefish;11747 Wrote:I have made some changes to the profiles................I also have an empty tab - that is work in process - it will be something like the favourite forum etc (as requested).

#40 29-04-2012 
Ah ok. About the status thingy, I click the change button from in my profile and Nothing happens at all.

Sorry, that is a members only option