Creature-Memory Eraser
#1 29-04-2012 
  • Registered
I have an idea for a hack that can be used to erase '[sim] became [creature]' memories and creature-related gossip for selected or all sims, and could come in two flavours: a free one that looks like a hydrangea bush and used mainly for the initial creature memory-wipe, and one that would charge aspiration points for purging creature-memories from individual sims. The latter would look and work like the simvac, but probably need a simple recolour-job just so it can be distinguished from the object it was copied from.

I've got a few ideas for names, but one of my favourites is "The De-Traumatizer". Mainly, I just want it to remove memories of sims becoming curable creatures, because other bad memories will just clog fear slots and can be used to an advantage(like a fortune sim getting skunked, and then fearing his or her friends getting sprayed).

There are of course some other ideas I have, including suppression of cure-wants, or suppression of all creature-related wants and fears for any sim without knowledge as a primary or secondary aspiration. It's just my theory that non-knowledge sims who become witches shortly after being created are just fine with it. It's happened before, and I even managed to turn a few blank-slate townies before they started getting witch-fears or cure-wants.

By the way, right now I do have inteenimater, and several other mods which I will have to look up later on. Many of them are from More Awesome Than You and Cyjon's website, including the want/fear sanity mod. I also have some memory fixes like for the graduation party, and possibly the 'no memory uneducated' mod. I'm listing the mods currently in use just in case the BHAVs or whatever else that are overridden or modified will not conflict with these mods.

#2 29-04-2012 
Hi JDacapo,

So, you found the place Big Grin

Ok, let's see... The thing with the wants and fears: there's nothing I can do in that department (yet), because I know nothing about changing want tables.

The free object for initially cleaning out creature memories... It wouldn't need to be an 'object' per sé; just a global controller such as my "No Trash Memories" mod would do the trick. I didn't include these memories in NTM for a reason, but that doesn't mean I can't make a similar object for creature memories, just for those that want it.

Finally, the object for cleaning individual sims' memories at a cost: I'll look into that one too, but as the author/creator, I'd reserve the right to name it whatever *I* want (just so there's something 'BO' about it Tongue).

So, apart from the want/fear suppression, there's a good chance I can do these things you suggest, friend.

#3 29-04-2012 
Bo, I found some Mods on MTS with the Wants thingy, I think they may be useful to you to break open and look at if you would like to.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=450588
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=94297
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=233213
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=147660

#4 29-04-2012 
Thanks, Lev. That's very thoughtful of you.

There's one problem, though: only the second one (the vampire wants thingy) deals with want tables, and I can look at it as much as I want, I still don't understand one single iota of it! Sad

Finding the BHAVs dealing with individual wants, though, can be very hard, so I'm not looking forward to that option, either.

#5 29-04-2012 
Can you put a screen of the Wants tables up for me, as I do not understand what it is and Would love to know what it is.

#6 29-04-2012 
Well, you *could* of course, DL want trees from the second link, and open them up in SimPE, so you'll KNOW. But next time I'm opening SimPE, I hope I'll remember to make a screen shot of a part of one of those files.

#7 29-04-2012 
  • Registered
Well, thank you for doing what you can. From what I understand, the want-mods can be extremely difficult to make since it's a pain in the ass to try and make out anything in the want-trees. But yeah, I would like to also have it so I can switch creature memories on and off, just in case I need a story about racism or whatnot, and possibly just switch them on for some of my sims and not for others. I don't want all of my sims to become racists just because one of them turns into a creature.

And with the name, you might actually be able to come up with a better name-idea than I could. Here's hoping this mod will work... creaturephobia sucks!

#8 25-05-2012 
  • Registered
Sorry for any double-posting... just checking in to see how things are going with this mod and whether this idea will work, and of course how you're doing IRL.

Sorry, that is a members only option