Banned from Simbology!
#1 29-04-2012 
  • Registered
I got a new laptop and everything so once I set it all up, naturally I had to go about installing my all-time favorite game: The Sims 2. I don't enjoy TS3.
This also meant hunting down all my favorite mods, which is easier said than done since most people have moved on from TS2 (it's 2012 after all!) Simbology was a great help, and being the lazy procrastinator that I am, I decided to download the rest of them later. However, the next time I came to the site, it told me I was banned!Huh
Apparently, overnight I'd 'correctly identified as a spammer' (though I only had 1 post on the forum, at most, asking about the location of the childbirth mod and used the site as a downloads repository; I had passed their anti-bot tests too.)
Can someone give me an email address I can use to contact the admin about what is obviously an erroneous ban?

#2 29-04-2012 
I think you are probably in a good place to contact simbologists, but you do appear to have some sort of IP proxy software.

For example, your post IP is clean, but the IP you registered with turns up 61 hits on the stop forum spam database. That could well trigger the Spam filters on simbology.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#3 29-04-2012 
As one of the Admins at Simbology, I can assure you that that must be the case indeed. We *do* use the "Stop forum-spam" DB as a measure of protection. I would indeed suggest NOT using any proxy services that could be recognized as spammers.

ETA: I've searched the Simbology members list for the name "CodeCharming", but it comes up completely clean... nobody by that name ever registered, apparently. Your name *is*, however, known at TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum (I *knew* I'd seen the name before). So I'd like to know what name and email address you registered with at Simbology, so I can correct the obviously erroneous ban, if possible. Ofcourse, you would send a private message with this information, because you don't throw that out in the open forum, for your OWN protection. Big Grin

#4 01-05-2012 
  • Registered
Aha! I was using HotSpot Shield to bypass filter restrictions! Disabled that totally and the site is accessible now! ^_^

#5 01-05-2012 
Ah, very good! Tongue Glad to have been of help. Big Grin

And welcome back to Simbology Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option