Index Changes
#1 01-05-2012 
So many people have told me our index is hard to read I changed it.....
  • Got rid of the slidy thing
  • Removed visibility of some forums on bluefish2, CMO and Barbie Dal (Left BO's as it was...)
  • Added avatars to the custom status
  • Moved site stats to top

Planning: something for that bottom right corner.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#2 01-05-2012 
I use the Index so often - NOT - I actually had to go search through the menus to FIND it... I always do everything from Portal Smile

Poor Leefishy, working so hard to keep it all neat, and I don't notice half of it...

#3 01-05-2012 
Indeed, I always use portal too! But I do get kicked back to index occasionally (after posting maybe?) and it looks much nicer now. Definitely easier to read. Really nice changes, lee. Smile

ETA: Hmm, nope, posting didn't kick me back to the index. I have no idea how I wound up there the other day. Confused

ETA 2: Why do some forums in the index have a fish icon on the left and some just an empty blue box?

#4 01-05-2012 
I don't actually use the index either - but some of the more old school members like to see one.

It DOES look neater now, but I don't think it really adds a lot of value. I much prefer the dropdown menus.

fanseelamb;11934 Wrote:ETA 2: Why do some forums in the index have a fish icon on the left and some just an empty blue box?

A FISH indicates new posts, a blue box = no posts.

#5 01-05-2012 
If I were in your place, Lee, I'd rename the Portal to 'Index', and tell those old-schoolers: see, THERE's your index Tongue

But that's just me: a mean-spirited, Grumpy Old Man! Big Grin

#6 01-05-2012 
I am in the process of that BO - testing over on my localhost bust like - everything. Um. So I am trying that again Big Grin

#7 01-05-2012 
I like the little fish icons. Big Grin

I don't use the index much, either; I think I only actually visit it when I get forcibly moved there after logging out. Smile
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#8 02-05-2012 
I never used the index - it was ugly and horrible and I was always like ARRGGGG whenever (due to some obscure BUG which I have been trying to fix for the last two years) I got sent there.

HOWEVER - I have been using it more now it is less hideous.

#9 02-05-2012 
I promise you, when Portal becomes the new Index, I'll be the new old-schooler and use Index all the time, and everyone else will as well Big Grin

I think Portal suits this place... It's just much more Leefish than I think Index is. Index may show more info at a glance, but it's not as fun and as dynamic to look at.

#10 03-05-2012 
* levini gets the Portal gun out and shoots portals all over the site Big Grin

Yep! Portals would be an awesome improvement to Leefish.

Sorry, that is a members only option