sims2 #1
If you have FreeTime installed, when sims are studying the Mechanical skill, they also gain Tinkering enthusiasm. Now that's all fine and dandy, but shouldn't it also work the other way around, so that while a sim is Tinkering, they gain more Mechanical skill?

Apparently NOT in the minds of the EAxians! But fortunately, AncientHighway came up with the solution: he wrote a mod - ah-tinkeringskillsmechanical - which added just that! However, when I put that mod in my game, any sim who had at least one point of Tinkering enthusiasm, would not be able to Tinker at all anymore: anytime when I ordered them to Tinker, they would just jump, and be reset!

So I opened up AH's mod, and investigated the issue. The search required me to investigate Skill- and Enthusiasm-gain in general as well, so I dove into the objects.package too. My search was successful: sims can now Tinker as much as they like, but they will not jump anymore!

Then I noticed something else: while this worked on kitchen appliances, bath tubs, showers, stereos and TVs, it did NOT do any good for sims tinkering with the Exerto 5000 Multipress Excercise Machine, any of the Hot Tubs, or the Modular Synth. They were simply never included in AH's mod. So I went on another mission, and included those into the mod as well.

So now I bring you BO - Skill while Tinkering. With this mod, whenever a sim is Tinkering, they will gain Mechanical skill.

NOTE: If you do NOT have FreeTime installed, there's no need for you to install this mod, because your sims won't be able to tinker anyway!

Happy Simming!

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Skill while Tinkering Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 2.98 KB | File Name BO - Skill while Tinkering.zip | # of Downloads 4,088  

Comments
#2 08-05-2012
OOOH. This is a good one. Thanks BO Big Grin

#3 08-05-2012
My pleasure, Lee Big Grin

#4 08-05-2012
* NixNivis is enthusiastic

I echo Lee - good one! Big Grin Sims not gaining mechanical skills when tinkering is something that makes even less sense to me than other Maxian things that don't make sense. If that makes sense. Wink

Sorry, that is a members only option