SimPE clothing clone? Change default settings in DDS utility?
#11 10-05-2012 
It seemed to work, when I put in my username a number came up. Didn't seem to require a password but I put one in anyhow.
Still can't figure out how to just Generate an ID for a bodyshop item though.

Skin Workshop seems like it's just made to recolor Eaxis items.

#12 10-05-2012 
Maybe I'm missing something here, but why don't you simply clone your new clothing item in BodyShop from one you've previously made (where you have changed/deleted the resources)? Then the new item will have the same resource makeup as the one you based it on. That's how I always do it.

(BTW, BodyShop items don't use GUIDs the same way objects do. They're very different creatures.)

#13 10-05-2012 
The issue was, that while this works, it creates additional resources by copying all textures used over into the new file, I end up having to delete these resources repeatedly, as I only need to keep one surface texture in the adult file for each recolor because it is shared with the other ages.

Bodyshop generates some kind of ID number to keep files from conflicting, no?
Come to think of it, I could probably route to an Eaxis normal map, if there is one for the base game baggy tee meshes. The fact that these are separates won't matter, the layout is the same.

NixNivis;12556 Wrote:Maybe I'm missing something here, but why don't you simply clone your new clothing item in BodyShop from one you've previously made (where you have changed/deleted the resources)? Then the new item will have the same resource makeup as the one you based it on. That's how I always do it.

Bodyshop copies over all of the resources used, not just the resources contained in the original package. All of these files are sharing a normal map, which does not need to be in every file. The child and teen versions are sharing textures with the corresponding adult files as well.

I'm just trying to streamline the process by eliminating repetitive steps.

#14 11-05-2012 
* leefish huggles raw milk

Would you like any of those posts merging?
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#15 11-05-2012 
Fixed. Some of them seem to merge automatically, others don't?

#16 11-05-2012 
I think that in stead of starting a new post every time, you could also edit your last post (provided nobody else has responded to it yet, AND provided the "edit" button is available to you, of course) to prevent cluttering the thread with a dozen posts, all written within half an hour of one another.

#17 11-05-2012 
There may be a faster way of doing this - I know nothing of clothing though, so Nix or fansee are really the experts on this kind of thing.

I think that most people just use bodyshop - I had never heard of that Skin Workshop until you mentioned it.

#18 11-05-2012 
Yes, Skin Workshop seems nearly useless. Everything I've been able to find talks about using BodyShop as I have been. It's just so repetitive and time consuming to remove the same resources from each file, when all that needs to change is the identifier and the texture.

#19 11-05-2012 
rawmilk905;12565 Wrote:Fixed. Some of them seem to merge automatically, others don't?

There is a time limit on the merge and it varies per area. For example, if you are the last poster in a thread and then you come back in an hour to add something (like a question), then you want to show up on the new posts, so your question can be answered. It would be HUGELY annoying for you to have your post merged. However, it is a great anti-spam mechanism, so I like to keep the merge function on.

I think the timer is currently set at 10 minutes, mainly due to me and my constant need to edit my posts for spelling fail.

I am looking into a mechanism where we can edit a post and it will show in the new posts. Hard to do though - what is the difference between editing to fix a typo and editing to add more info? I could add loads of checkboxes etc, but I don't want editing a post to turn into a circus of clicking.

So, at the moment - if you want a post to show as new, 10 minutes between posts is a rough guide. If you just want to add EXTRA info and it looks like no-one has seen the post yet, then edit.

#20 11-05-2012 
Thanks for being understanding and for clarifying that. I don't have much experience posting on boards. I usually just scour them for downloads. Tongue

Sorry, that is a members only option