Edit Careers?
#1 12-05-2012 
Right so a little pre-amble first;

I have one Sim who is a General (Military Career) and another Sim who is The Mayor (Politics Career) and they both make such sad amounts of money I swear I want to make them change careers just so they can have more money. However I do like the fact that I have a Mayor of my little town it adds to that whole roleplaying/storytelling angle I got going for me. My other alternative is something I've been considering for a while now and that is to alter the basegame careers to a more acceptable salary.

So that leads me to my question: Where in the Sims 2 packages do Careers even exist? Huh

Thanks.

#2 12-05-2012 
I believe a lot of the career related stuff might be hidden in live.package, but I'm NOT entirely sure about it... I'll go have a look and report back here, Shane.

#3 12-05-2012 
Ok, I've found them. They're NOT in Live.package, but in objects.package. They each have their own group, including an OBJD file complete with GUID, and they're all named "Jobdata - *careername*".

#4 13-05-2012 
Objects eh? Thanks!
[Image: sig55.jpg]

#5 13-05-2012 
My pleasure, friend!

#6 14-05-2012 
Ok I'm back, and I have absolutely no idea where to even begin lol. I can find the Job Data files, but then what? I don't know how to even clone them where SimPE can even open the file. Come on Leefish community, I'm counting on you lol.

#7 14-05-2012 
Come on, Shane, I thought you were a creator. You made several things for TS2 already. Don't tell me you're totally clueless!

When you know which career you want to change, you right-click THAT career's OBJD file, then select "Toggle Group Filter" (or you just select the appropriate OBJD and press CTRL-T). After that, make sure that in the Resource Tree, you've selected the top line (AllRes), so you'll see all the resources belonging to this career. Select all of them (or only the ones you need to change, if you know which ones those are), and use the "Extract..." option. SimPE will ask you where to save stuff.

Then leave SimPE, go to where you saved stuff, right-click the package.xml, and select "Open with SimPE". Now you can edit stuff to your heart's content without the risk of breaking the original files.

#8 14-05-2012 
He can do it....

* leefish looks for cheerleader smilie ... in vain.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#9 15-05-2012 
BO - Recolourer yes, creator yes, but only if I can understand what I'm doing. The Toggle Group Filter was something I've never used before so that was probably my missing piece. I knew how to extract the file and modify the values, but I didn't know how to get to just the tuning file instead of the whole "Jobdata" file.

Thanks for the help though! Big Grin

PS: How do I mark a post as "best answer?" I don't see that option anywhere.

#10 15-05-2012 
leefish;12792 Wrote:He can do it....

* leefish looks for cheerleader smilie ... in vain.
You mean one like this [Image: Cheer-1.gif]

@ BO baby, thank you, [Image: girl-smiley-kiss.gif] I love when things are explained so even I can understand them.
You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.

Sorry, that is a members only option