Edit Careers?
#11 15-05-2012 
You're both very welcome. I love to help people be better creators, because that gives us all more choice of CC Smile

XanderGC;12800 Wrote:PS: How do I mark a post as "best answer?" I don't see that option anywhere.

I can't find it either... I used to know how to do that, but maybe that was in a different section.

#12 15-05-2012 
AHA. Another thing bust (gahh...grrr...why)

Shall go fix it.

* leefish plays soft music through the site speakers whilst the members impatiently wait...

(meanwhile, fish panics in the rather horrible little kitchen hidden at back of fancy restaurant)
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#13 15-05-2012 
leefish;12811 Wrote:* leefish plays soft music through the site speakers whilst the members impatiently wait...
OMG! what is the terrible noise, sounds like a cat in agony, oops! that me singing along. Blush
You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.

#14 16-05-2012 
* Ghost quietly looks at Bidou's Career Editor, which ships with SimPE.

Once you have cloned a career, you can open it in SimPE and use the career editor. It translates some of the less obvious strings, and makes editing a lot easier.

#15 17-05-2012 
@Ghost: I never was aware of that... But hell, SimPE and its plugins are all so well-documented. NOT!!! The only way to come to know about this stuff is to go to the SimPE download site and go read up on it online.

Sorry, but I don't find that a practical way to work. So, indeed, maybe I hardly use all the functions of SimPE and its plugins. Maybe I do things the long-winded, complicated way. But at least when people follow those instructions, they *do* get to know SimPE inside and out, without everything being made simple for them Big Grin

#16 17-05-2012 
I know what you mean. I found those plugins by poking around the menus up on top trying to figure out what I had done with my plugin view before I had learned what the reset layout button looked like.

#17 17-05-2012 
Reset layout. I remember the first time that happened, I was like OMG I broke it..
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#18 18-05-2012 
At least I got my answer, I just didn't want you to think I forgot to close the thread. Hopefully soon I'll start work on my Careers project.
[Image: sig55.jpg]

#19 26-11-2016 
  • Registered
First: I'm a completely new to creating careers, but with Bidou's career editor I've managed to create some using ready-made templates I've found. Now I find myself in a position where I need to extract some career data from the objects.package myself, however, and sadly I haven't been able to even by following BoilingOil's very detailed explanation here.

The problem is that I cannot find the "toggle group filter" option when I right-click on the OBJD file. I've attached an image showing the options I get. Using CTRL-T does not help either; nothing happens when I select "AllRes" afterwards. I've poked around to see if I can find the option somewhere else, to no avail. I do see that there's a group filter under "filter resources" in the top right corner, but nothing happens when I'm typing something there, no matter if I click enter or "set" afterwards. (I assumed that I could search for files using that function, but I've never managed to.) I'm using version 0.72.1.3855 if that's of any help.

I guess there's something completely obvious I'm missing here, so I'm very sad that I have to bother you with this question. Still, I can assure you that any help would be very much appreciated. Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Sorry, that is a members only option