Question about the sims
#11 14-05-2012 
Indeed. I don't WANT those people in my game (looks at fansee and her diabolical sims)
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#12 14-05-2012 
Yin;12784 Wrote:I mean you guys make all these awesome items, but no one can really experience how it is in your own version of the game Sad

I think they can. Because many people make their creations available for download. And those that do, usually also try to ensure that their objects work the same in any version of the game, so that everyone will have the same experience when using that object or mod.

And as Lee says: I wouldn't want other people's active sims running around my neighborhood, either. Autonomous or controlled, they would not be mine to do with as I find suitable. And I don't need *my* sims visiting places that are outside my control either, because TihrAn only knows what might happen to them while they're outside my jurisdiction.

#13 16-05-2012 
Now I know the kind of gamer EA had in mind with the Sim Port function... Unfortunately for EA, I'm the kind of gamer who has told my firewall not to let the Sims anywhere near the internet. A lot of what my sims do is accomplished through cheat codes and imagination. (And refusing to patch beyond 1.24. Yet. I probably will end up patching once a world I have my eye on is finished.)

I don't want other people's sims in my game, because most of them aren't likely to fit in my game, and I feel as though I'm stealing someone else's story. And I don't want most of my sims in other people's games, because they aren't likely to fit. But we can experience how it is in other people's version of the game, because we have a common frame of reference. So we can understand when someone posts in a forum like this one about making a family of 4 and everyone wants to use the bathroom upstairs rather than the one right next to them, and we can recognize what two sims in a picture are doing. And, as BO said, we can download the same things. There was even an experiment where a group of players zipped the saved game after playing it for a week and sent it to the next person in line. (I don't know how well it worked out, though.)

#14 17-05-2012 
That's an interesting idea, an internet 'round robin', people used to do that with cross stitching and other stuff in 'the old days'!
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#15 17-05-2012 
I have played The Sims since the beginning in 2000. I too am one that would not want someone else's sims running around in my game. I have a feeling one reason is this being a "god" game, it is easy to play god over virtual dollies and would be weird if another person was involved.

I have to admit the round robin thing sounds interesting, especially with some of EA's oddball families.

#16 19-05-2012 
I've never been convinced with the round robins, because of the difference in people's custom content.

However, I know at N99, everyone uploaded a sim and a house, and then downloaded everyone else's and made up the stories about the same sim. THAT was fun.

OK That IS weird. How come the text is not showing up?Huh

#17 19-05-2012 
What text? Did you post?

* leefish sniggers

#18 20-05-2012 
It's ok. It showed up once I edited the post and added extra text - the OK that is wierd text. All the stuff before that came out as a blank text.

Was that you Lee? Are you playing tricks on your Bright Young Things?

#19 20-05-2012 
Sometimes...the board behaves oddly. It is possibly (PROBABLY, in fact IS) related to me tinkering with things.

* leefish scuttles off

#20 22-05-2012 
There is a way to see how others play, however. Some people live broadcast their play sessions on livestream.

Sorry, that is a members only option