sims2 #1
This mod is based on loba's Community items in residential lot. They're very similar. However, there are a few important differences:
  • loba made their mod to allow sims to BUY stuff without leaving their homes. MY mod is intended to allow sims to SELL food, clothing, magazines and such from their home business.
  • loba's mod contains only a collection file. Mine contains TWO files, one for the Collections folder, and one for Downloads. BOTH are REQUIRED.
  • loba's mod stops working as soon as you have BV or later. Mine works with ANY EPs/SPs.
  • loba's mod does NOT change the objects themselves, but mine does. Alas, that means the objects will now have the CC star, which puts them at risk of being deleted if you're not careful. But that was necessary, which I'll explain in a moment. And I'll also provide a work-around, as suggested by mustluvcats Big Grin

The explanation:

One or two expansions before BV was released, the EAxians 'fixed' a bug that allowed community lot items to be bought in residential lots. That bug is what loba exploited with their mod: a simple collection meant for residential lots, that contained a number of comm lot items. The fix caused comm lot objects to be no longer available in BUY mode, but in BUILD mode they were still available from loba's collection.
Then, when BV was released, the EAxians had fixed the BUILD mode as well, so the objects from loba's collection would not longer be available at all!

The only way to fix that, is to alter the OBJD resources for these objects, to allow them to be available in residential lots as well. However, altering the OBJD resource also means that the object now gets the CC star, and thus you can now accidentally DELETE these objects. DON'T try that, though, because it may damage your game installation!
So, now there are TWO files: one contains the altered OBJD resources, and must be placed in your Downloads folder (putting it in "Overrides" didn't work for me), and the other is the collection, which should be placed in your Collections folder.

mustluvcats suggested a fix to prevent the CC star and the possibility of deletion. The fix entails placing the main file not in Downloads, but in the "TSData/Res/Catalog/Bins" subfolder of your latest EP/SP installation folder. It works in *my* game, so maybe it works in all! Thank you for suggesting this, MLC Heart

Note: There is one catch. My collection does NOT contain the decorative items such as shingles, because ever since OFB, these items can already be bought at home. This means, however, that if you do NOT have OFB (or later?), those objects may not be available to you. In that case, I'd advise you to get loba's mod in stead.

Enjoy, and happy simming!

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Residential Shopping Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 6.64 KB | File Name BO - Residential Shopping.zip | # of Downloads 2,433  

Comments
#17 12-03-2022
Thanks for informing me.

Sorry, that is a members only option