My proposed PC Specifications...
#11 23-05-2012 
http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=210407

Just found this article about setting things up...this is on Parallel VM Machine (which I have no idea about) but the reply by the J man - do you think that would work?

#12 23-05-2012 
That does look similar to the way you do it for TS3, and I think it might work.

I have an nVidia card and it does run the game fine.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#13 23-05-2012 
thanks Lee! That's what I'll do then. Smile

#14 30-05-2012 
Well... I've hit my first obstacle with re-installing the Sims 2. I insert Disk 1. Fill out the language - English.
2. Fill out the Serial number (double check for correctness).
3. Select the standard location for Sim directory
4. Press Next and....

"Do you really want to quit installation?"

Yes really quits, and No puts me back to the previous window. Selecting Next or Quit gives me the same answer.

This was not what I was expecting. I have the applications set to compatibility XP SP2.

And yes, the Disk is scratched. But I used it to install Sims2 on clappers, only 3-4 days ago and I didn't have this problem Sad

#15 30-05-2012 
Give the disc a good polish on your leg! It worked for one of mine! Technical I know Smile
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#16 31-05-2012 
Hi Karen.
I have now tried the polishing solution. It didn't work. Sad
I have also tried the loading the CD onto the machine first and installing it from there. It didn't work. Sad

I hope that my friends have a copy of Sims2 and will bring it over on Saturday. At least then I will know if it's just my CD, or whether it's the PC that has the problem.

#17 31-05-2012 
Maybe - try running with XP as the OS? Win7 Professional comes with that option I think.

Maybe on a partition?
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#18 31-05-2012 
I would say Try the EA technical support method of making you spend more money, but they would probably even forcibly advertise TS3 and try to give you a copy on their Crappy Origin base, and I wouldn't want that to happen to a good person like you. I do believe That there was a method to fix the install. I will need to find it, I believe it involved taking all the disc contents and dragging it to a folder and running it from le folder.

#19 31-05-2012 
Darlin' Levini - I already own TS3. It's not that bad a game, it's just different to TS2. I like them both, but I prefer TS2.

But yeah - EA technical support have never been helpful in their entire life, and I don't expect them to start now.

I will have a look at the XP as the OS idea Lee. Although to be honest, I know that there are plenty of people who run Sims2 on Windows 7. So I want to keep walking down that track.

P.S. one of my SpG members was very keen on Rule of the Rose and shared many pics and fan sites about it. I was completely fascinated with it. It's a pity that so many old games don't port to the new system. Sad

Another oldie but a goodie bites the dust - Colonization. It could run under Win95, and WinXP as Win95 - but it's not a 16bit program, so can't be run on Win7 regardless that you can set it to Win95 compatibility. Sad

#20 31-05-2012 
Have you been able to work out installation yet? I finally had to get help from a friend by giving her remote access to my new computer. The game does look awesome on the new 'puter.

Sorry, that is a members only option