• How to upgrade custom bookcases to Freetime and above
  • Uploader: leefish
Tutorial is a bit of a big word for this, it is more a tip than anything else.

In the years since Sims2 started several items were "upgraded" by EA/Maxis - bookcases and fridges are the main things - to have extra functionality, but some great CC items were never updated and so do not have these extra gameplay options. It's a shame and it bugs many players.

You can actually do this yourself fairly easily with bookcases.

1) Open up SIMPE
2) Open your custom object that you want to upgrade.

Click to view a larger picture

3) Go to the Object data tab
4) Click on the raw data tab
5) Set the view to decimal
6) Scroll down until you see "Interaction Table Id"
7) Change the 1 to a 3.
8) Commit and save.

That's it.

Screenshots
There are no additional images for this resource      
Comments
#2 24-05-2012
Thank you, This will be very helpful.

#3 24-05-2012
I might even have a go with this.

#4 24-05-2012
Now if only cars were that simple I could update my favorite custom vw bug to Pets.

#5 24-05-2012
I'd like to add that this is also very useful knowledge if you're a creator and want your bookcases to have a BG and an FT/AL version, since it means you don't actually have to reclone your bookcase and remake it just to get the additional menu options - you can just copy the one you've already made.

#6 24-05-2012
NixNivis;13326 Wrote:I'd like to add that this is also very useful knowledge if you're a creator and want your bookcases to have a BG and an FT/AL version, since it means you don't actually have to reclone your bookcase and remake it just to get the additional menu options - you can just copy the one you've already made.

Yup, I found that out round about the corner piece on the dahlen

* leefish sighs. Do you have any idea how many bookcases I have made the LONG way?

#7 24-05-2012
Do you update fridges the same way?

#8 24-05-2012
RebaLynn1960;13341 Wrote:Do you update fridges the same way?

I do not know - I have never tried. I suspect it is indeed possible - you just need to know what number to change it to.

You could have a look inside a custom fridge that does have the options, see what the number is in the Interaction Table and then open another cc fridge where the options are not present. If those two numbers are different then try it.

#9 24-05-2012
AS far as I know, at least with fridges, it's much simpler. Build your custom fridge with exactly the same kind of components as any maxis fridge, and it's automatically compatible with all EPs/SPs a player has. All interactions and such are defined in the FridgeGlobals, so nothing needs to be setup in the custom fridge.

Custom fridges that do NOT automatically adjust to present EPs/SPs, have been setup in the wrong manner, and will not be easy to update, although I've had some experience with it.

#10 25-05-2012
From MATY

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/in...#msg317089

There is even a resource file attached and it seems to make it shockingly simple. With thanks to Lord Darcy.

Sorry, that is a members only option