Daring trampoline testers wanted!
#21 02-06-2012 
New version can be found at the same link, where I've tweaked the fitness gain (and also the fun increase/motive decrease) as requested. Smile

@Michelle, glad to hear it, but are you absolutely sure it works 100%? Because for me, the thing with the motives doesn't happen all the time, only maybe once every three or four times or so. Sad

@Becca, good catch! I had (obviously) missed that; it was left from the sofa the trampoline started out as. It's fixed now. See, this is why it's good to have testers! Smile

@BO, no, I'm not. To me, this is first and foremost a fun object, where the body skill and fitness gain is more of a nice side-effect than its primary function. Thus, playful Sims get the skilling bonus.

BoilingOil Wrote:Active sims, and/or sims with a OTH of Fitness (Sports?) should gain body skills faster.

That is your opinion, but it isn't mine in this case.

#22 02-06-2012 
It's not only *my* opinion... it's how things usually work in the game: The fun part is what lures sims into doing it, the skill-gain is related to the personality.

#23 02-06-2012 
well, I see it from both sides - does it have an editable BCON Nix? To set the skills/interests whatever that influence skill and motive gain.

That way it can be set for anything Big Grin
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#24 03-06-2012 
@BO, only that isn't quite how skilling BHAVs work; a certain skill is not inextricably linked to a certain personality. To have active Sims gain body skill faster is simply the way Maxis chose to set up their body skilling objects. I choose to have my object let playful Sims gain body skill faster.

@Lee, yes and no. The personality that gets the skilling bonus is set in a BHAV, but the rate of the skill gain is in a BCON. So if somebody wants to, he can certainly change the value in that BCON so that playful Sims don't gain skill any faster than others - or so that they gain it slower, for that matter.
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#25 03-06-2012 
Nix, we just have different views on what "supposed to work like that" means Smile

EAxis style, Playfulness influences how much fun you gain from fun objects, and how fast fun decays otherwise. NOT how fast you gain body points, because that's influenced by your Active score.

Your style is different, but that's not necessarily wrong. It's just different from what we're used to. So when you wrote how it's "supposed to work", I thought you meant how it usually works EAxis style, which is distinctly different. Just a misunderstanding.

#26 03-06-2012 
Living up to my claim of being a terrible playtester all I have is love & praise for you:

I love that they switch back into their everyday clothes when they're done using this. The ask for lessons option is great and I really like that lazy sims who are a chore to level body with might have an easier time of it using this if they're playful--so thumbs up from me on that. I still haven't created a new neighborhood to play after getting my new computer but I know when I do this is going in a lot of houses.

I have all expansion and stuff packs and played in debug mode with all of my cc and no error codes were thrown. All I have is a test neighborhood for right now--so limited attractions for sims--and when left to their own devises they seemed to choose the trampoline half of the time and writing in their diary the other half.

So like I said, no issues just lots of love. I'll keep playing with these and will let you know if anything pops up but it's working beautifully. You did an incredible job on this, Nix.

#27 03-06-2012 
The update seems to have fixed everything. Thank you.
RebaLynn1960, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Apr 2012.

#28 04-06-2012 
First of all, there is now a new version (same link) with a better Watch interaction. Instead of just standing there, the watching Sim will now cheer the bouncing Sim on, like with the dance sphere thingy. (They'll only cheer, though, not boo. That felt a little too much like middle school PE for my taste. Dodgy )

It is my intention to change the bouncing anims so that Sims won't start doing the air flips until they have a body skill of three or so, but extricating the pertinent BHAV parts without things turning into a BFBVFS (Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space) has turned out to be trickier than I thought. But unlike Captain Janeway, I never was a woman who occasionally knows when to quit, so I'll keep at it. Watch this space, as they say. Wink

@BO, we both misunderstood each other; I thought you were saying that body skill inexorably has to favour active Sims, and it cannot be done any other way. Now I understand what you actually were saying, which makes far more sense. Smile

@Honeywell, awww, thank you! I'm glad you and your Sims like it, and I'm very glad that there are no errors. No errors make me happy. Big Grin Now the question is, is it annoying that they use the trampoline so much? (They don't seem to be quite as trampoline-crazy when they have other things to distract them as well, at least not in my test 'hood, but as always, the more they use it, the more obsessed they get...)

@Becca, great! Flower Please let me know if you spot anything else I've missed (I hope there isn't anything, but you never know with my brain).

#29 04-06-2012 
I'm putting trampolines in all my houses, so if anything comes up, I'll let you know.

Once finished, a version that prevents aitonomous use, might be a good idea, for those that prefer more control (I don't mind them using autonomously, myself).
RebaLynn1960, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Apr 2012.

#30 05-06-2012 
Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate

YES!! I got it! Big Grin Sims now won't do air flips unless they have a body skill of three or above; otherwise they'll just bounce up and down. New version available at old link.

Turns out I was trying to make things waaay more complicated than they had to be; once I realised what I was doing, it actually wasn't all that tricky at all. Smile You live and learn.

@Becca, yeah, that's something I've been going back and forth with, without being able to decide what I want. Undecided On one hand, I want Sims to be able to use it autonomously, but on the other hand, I think it's very annoying when Sims become obsessed with an object and use it as soon as they don't have any actions queued up, and I don't want Sims to do that. I'm thinking of trying to make it so that Sims won't use it autonomously unless their fun meter is low - if I can pull it off, BHAV-wise, that is. Otherwise, I'll probably make it non-autonomous.
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

Sorry, that is a members only option