Daring trampoline testers wanted!
#31 05-06-2012 
In my experience, I find it would be better to have two versions. Once you have the autonomous version finished, just remove the autonomy and have a second version available. Let the user decide which they like better.
RebaLynn1960, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Apr 2012.

#32 05-06-2012 
That's a very good idea, Becca. I just might do that. Smile

#33 21-06-2012 
Sorry I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, I will do so as soon as possible.

#34 21-06-2012 
Don't worry, Rawmilk, there's no rush. Smile Do you have the latest (June 5th) version?

#35 21-06-2012 
If the original link is updated, then yes.

#36 28-06-2012 
OK, finally tested it and had two main thoughts that hopefully aren't redundant with other testers. I am very impressed that it animates (not just the sim, but the object, like couches do.) Sims don't ever seem to exit jumping, unusual and potentially dangerous if we don't monitor their needs.

#37 29-06-2012 
Glad you like the animation. Smile It looks more impressive than it actually is (it's a morph, it isn't a "real" animation with a skeleton and key frames), but don't tell anybody that. Wink

Are you saying that your Sims keep going even though they've reached motive desperation (i.e. one or more of their motives are in the red)? That sounds very strange, because the Sims are supposed to stop jumping when their motives get low - and in my game, they do. However, if their motives are high when they start jumping, they can keep at it for several hours (Sim hours, that is) before the motives drop low enough to make the Sim quit.

#38 30-06-2012 
I didn't let the tested sim reach motive desperation. It just seemed like a highly addictive activity. After quite some time he never gave it up, and after I finally canceled the action it was not long before he decided to get back on, even though he was a bit hungry and had other needs he might have attended to (not desperation, but low enough that it seemed odd he would not address them over the "crack" of trampoline jumping.)

#39 07-07-2012 
New version available (at old link)!

Now cats and small dogs can sit and nap on the trampoline if they want to. Smile (Not big dogs, though - the game refuses to let them sit/nap on a one-tile object.) Also, human Sims should now be somewhat less crazy about using it; they should be about as inclined to get on the trampoline as they are to jump on a sofa/bed. And although they will occasionally make some happy noises while jumping, they don't sound quite so... hysterical as they did before. Sleepy (Thanks to Honeywell for showing me where I could find the animation sounds - that maniacal "wheehee! Boinky, boinky, boink!" was driving me nuts!)

@Rawmilk, so when you say that "Sims never seem to stop jumping" it isn't anything you've actually had happen in game, but more of an opinion/assumption?

The trampoline is set up so that Sims will stop using it when their motives drop low enough (where "enough" is determined by the game based on overall motive levels, not on any value I've set), and they will also refuse to use it if their motives are too low (again, determined by the game). They will NOT keep on using it until their motives are dangerously low.

I do agree that Sims seem to get far too addicted to it, though, but the new version should curb that to a degree. Otherwise, I'm considering not having it be autonomous at all; it really bugs me when Sims run to use an object as soon as they don't have any commands queued up.
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#40 07-07-2012 
When I tested it, the sim I had on there kept going for the better part of a sim day until I canceled the action, that's all.

Sorry, that is a members only option