Cookies
#1 25-05-2012 
No, MLC, not choc chip cookies, browser cookies.

As of 26 May 2012 all websites which use cookies have a responsibility to inform guests and members of the use of cookies on said website.

extract of the law

These Regulations implement Articles 2 and 3 of Directive 2009/136/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2009 amending Directive 2002/22/EC on universal service and users’ rights relating to electronic communications networks and services, Directive 2002/58/EC concerning the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector and Regulation (EC) No 2006/2004 on cooperation between national authorities responsible for the enforcement of consumer protection laws by making amendments to the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (“the 2003 Regulations”).

Yes, we use cookies on leefish, so I must comply (looks Borg-like).

The cookies we use are pretty harmless but I have to tell you what they are.

If you are a member then the cookie will remember
  • your login name
  • which forums/threads you have read
  • which downloads you have thanked
  • if the sidebar or collapsible tables are open or closed
  • If you are an uploader then any sorting of your stats list is also stored in a cookie.

If you are a guest then the cookie will remember your login name, which forums/threads you have read and which downloads you have thanked.

You can read more on the cookies information page, which is perma-linked in the footer.

Cookies Page
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#2 25-05-2012 
I think you should store the number of times we eat chocolate chip cookies as well Lee! Big Grin

#3 25-05-2012 
Agreed. I've had 5 so far this week.

Of course, it'll really screw things up when I switch to oatmeal raisin..

#4 25-05-2012 
Indeed MLC. Your cookie eating habit is immortalised on the cookies page Big Grin

#5 25-05-2012 
* mustluvcatz doesn't really eat that many cookies.

at least not at one time

Tongue

#6 25-05-2012 
Let's see, I have a double chocolate chip cookie from Barnes and Noble every Sunday, and today I have another chocolate chip cookie from somewhere else for dinner.
Ginnie Wrote:We'll get along just fine as long as you never get between me and chocolate.

#7 29-05-2012 
OK, I have updated a bit - now we have a rinky dink "accept cookies" thing.

#8 29-05-2012 
* mustluvcatz always accepts cookies

#9 29-05-2012 
So what happens if we decline cookies?

#10 29-05-2012 
Michelle;13531 Wrote:So what happens if we decline cookies?

* mustluvcatz steals your cookies and pours extra milk Big Grin

You might not be able to do anything on the site? Not sure about that one though. I know when I clear cookies off my computer I always have to log in again everywhere. (That's clearing cookies, not cookie crumbs. I'm not THAT messy!)

Btw: Lee? I switched to iced oatmeal this week. I haz a sad about that though- left them on the counter and the kids ATE THEM!! I only got 2 cookies out of the whole package. Just for that, I'm punishing myself and not buying any cookies for the next 2 weeks. So the cookies here better be good!

Sorry, that is a members only option